Chapter 21

Omniscient

"Hey handsome." Ariana cooed to Tasha's newborn son. Her and Amari had just gotten from the airport when she got the call from Tasha's husband that she was in labor. Unfortunately, she had missed his arrival in this world by two minutes. Unlike, Tasha's other son he had come quick, she didn't even have enough time for an epidural.

"I can't believe he came right before I got here." Tasha laughed, she didn't care who wasn't there, he had to get out of her.

"Girl he wasn't waiting on anybody." Tasha laughed.

"I see. Take a picture of us." Ariana handed Amari her phone. Amari held the camera up and took a picture of the two.

"You want to hold him?" Ariana questioned Amari.

"Yeah." Amari sanitized his hands before grabbing him.

"I remember when Kenzie was this tiny." Amari reminisced.

"You think you want another one?" Tasha questioned.

"Yeah, I want about two or three more kids."

Tasha looked over at Ariana and smirked.

"Don't look at me like that, we are not having any anytime soon." Ariana spoke up. Tasha laughed.

Ariana and Amari stayed at the hospital for about an hour then left. They wanted to give other people time to see the baby. Plus, Ariana was going to visit her mother.

...

"You like it?" Ariana questioned her mother and sister as she dangled her fingers, showcasing her engagement ring.

"It's pretty." Autumn complimented the ring.

"Thank you. You like it?" Ariana questioned her mother.

"It's okay. Are you really going to marry him?"

"Yes, I would have said no if I wasn't."

"Hm."

"Why don't you like Amari?" Ariana questioned.

"I'm going to get some water." Autumn got up, she was not about to be apart of this awkward conversation.

"I don't feel like he's worthy of you."

"And why is that?"

"The man works at a factory for God's sake. What can he do for you financially?"

"Mom you're a retired schoolteacher, dad made way more than you. So don't go there."

"A man is supposed to take care of his woman."

"This is not the freaking 18th century. I don't need a man to take care of me like you needed dad to take care of you so save that speech for someone else. You know what, I'm not even about to argue with you." Ariana grabbed her purse.

"Where are you going?"

"Home to my man. And don't bother calling me until you're ready to apologize to him. Until then don't dial my fucking number."

"Ariana! You have lost your mind cursing at me like that." Ariana ignored her mother, walking out of the door and to her car.

When she got in the car she headed over to Amari's house. She was going to help him pack his things since he was moving when his lease was up. The lease was going to be up in two months. The two had made an agreement that he would move in with Ariana. When they got married, they would buy or build a new bigger house.

When Ariana arrived at Amari's house, he was on the couch taking a nap. He hadn't had a good night sleep since they'd gotten up early to catch the flight.