1

Winter stepped out of the shower and after wrapping a towel around her body used a second to rub her hair roughly, trying to remove some of the excess moisture. She headed through to her room where she pulled on a pair of sweats and an old tshirt from her high school days that she found at the bottom of her drawers.  She dug around in her sock drawer for the fluffiest pair she owned and pulled them onto her tired feet.

she brushed out her hair wishing all the while that it didn't take such a long time. Of course it was her decision to wear it so ridiculously long. She considered using the hair drier for about a nanosecond, before abandoning that line of thought in favour of heading through to the living room and sitting in her favourite chair (known as 'the chair') to watch the hockey.

'The chair,' everyone's favourite, felt like a piece of heaven enclosed in leather. Technically it was her roommates chair, but Karina worked lots of evenings at the bar downstairs so Winter had adopted it as hers arguing vehemently with Karina that the chair was getting lonely and depressed at not fulfilling its purpose as a place for weary posteriors. Really it was the only piece of lounge room furniture worth anything and it cradled her ass, thighs, back, neck and head as if she were a new born baby. At least Aeri and Ning, her other roommates and friends, didn't get between her and the chair - they'd learned the hard way that that was a bad idea. Only Karina fought her adoption of the chair every step of the way.

Then again it was technically Karina's chair. Winter had conceded to co-parenting. Karina just called her an irritating dork and would squish into the chair beside her. Whatever, Winter could out last that skinny bint in a sit-a-thon any day of the week. Everyone knew Karina got antsy if she sat too long.

Winter made sure to angle the TV just right, ensure the remote was on the arm of the chair, fetch a beer from the fridge and get a blanket, all before sitting. She was no slob virgin - if she was going to slob she was going to do it in style. Fuck the assignments she was meant to be working on, fuck it all. She needed to unwind.

Aeri and Ningning were out - Ning was probably with Haechan, Karina's hot cousin, and Aeri - well that was anybody's guess. With Karina at work she had the place, and most importantly the TV, to herself.

Winter briefly glanced out of the window, loving the busyness of the Seoul street scene. They were lucky Karina was loaded otherwise they'd be in a ratty student accommodation. Not that they were mooches. Karina had begged them to live with her. Well maybe beg was too strong a word but she certainly made convincing arguments like the good law student she was.

Karina was some kind of heiress. She was a little cagey about where her family money was made but had told Winter it had something to do with newspapers. She had resisted googling her friend despite her intrigue - it just felt wrong. And she was fairly certain Karina would tell her more when good and ready so why commit friend betrayal and Google her?

Regardless of whether there was begging or not, Karina had somehow managed to convince them all into the lovely four bedroom, two bathroom apartment, and Winter was fucking thrilled that she had, because her best friends were fabulous and the apartment was beautiful, the rooms were spacious and most importantly it had amazing light for art work. Karina had even insisted she have the biggest room, with the most windows, so she could convert part of it into a studio and do at least some of her art work at home. Winter smiled to herself and returned her attention to the game.

--

Winter had just drained her second beer and decided to call the evening quits and head to bed, when the door to the apartment flew open and banged into the wall. She was about to yell blue murder at Aeri who made a habit of dramatic entrances, when a different storm cloudy brunette stalked into the apartment, boots stomping on the wooden floors in a way that the Jeons below them were sure to complain about.