2

"Winter I need to kiss you," Karina had a fiercely determined look to her that said 'don't even think of arguing with me.'

Winter stared at her best friend like some kind of gaping fish. Well she wasn't entirely sure fish gaped, but baby birds sure did when they were waiting for the worm from their mother, and she was right along side them, mouth dropped open and utterly speechless.

It wasn't the first time Karina had rendered her without the power of speech and she was sure it wouldn't be the last. The first time was when Karina had oh so nonchalantly told them she was going to play soccer despite a broken arm. And that her team would win. Winter had even called in her mom to try and talk Karina out of it but for every 'Karina you can't play,' Karina would just respond with a, 'yes I can!' She did play, and she won. This particular silence however, was outlasting all previous ones.

"I can't do that," Winter shook her head vehemently pushing at Karina as she made to stand up.

"Why not?" Karina was pouting again and being resolutely unmovable. Damn her and her ridiculously strong physique.

"You're you," she pointed at her somewhat helplessly.

"You've slept with girls you didn't know the name of, surely you can give me a kiss!" Karina's attempt to convince her was met with more head shaking from her because no. That opportunity had passed. She and Karina were friends and kissing would surely fuck that up.

"That's different. I could do it because I didn't know them...." she flustered and tried to get up again this time successfully pushing Karina off her lap.

"So you can only sleep with a girl if you don't know her? If there are no feelings?" Karina accused glaring at her.

"No, that's not it at all," she practically yelped, anything but relaxed now.

"Because this'll be no different," Karina attempted to convince her. "There are no feelings like that here either."

"Karina, it's just different," she huffed pretending not to be a little hurt at that as she headed to the fridge for another beer, because like hell she was going to be able to sleep after Karina's sexy pouting and 'let me practice kissing with you Winter!'

The girl was crazy. They were friends and it would be weird and even though Karina was beautiful and her best friend, they were just friends and kissing would only mess it up, make things weird. Yep, weird was her word choice for the entire situation.

"Please Winter," wide feline eyes beseeched her. "I can't be the inexperienced idiot."

"You wouldn't be," her voice was softer now because Karina really looked stressed.

"Maybe it won't be that bad," Karina took a step closer, her self doubt written all over her face.

"I'm sure it wouldn't be bad at all," she rubbed the skin on her friends shoulder momentarily distracted by how soft it was - Karina must bathe in moisturizer.

"But what if I don't like kissing? What if I do it all wrong? What do I do with my tongue? What do I do with my hands?" Karina stared at her and her heart beat furiously in her chest as she realized that inevitably she was going to help her best friend because how could she not? Karina was her closest friend, her favourite person on earth and she was asking her for help and with those ridiculous puppy eyes. What the hell was she supposed to do when Karina turned the full power of them on her - sly little imp.