9

Winter had her duvet wrapped around her shoulders, her big fluffy socks on and she was pouting at the occupant of 'the chair.' It was way too early on a Sunday morning to be fighting over the best cartoon watching seat in the apartment.

"It's my chair," Karina stated defensively, cocooned within her own duvet igloo, looking like an adorable burrito. Winter fixed her with a steely expression despite how cute she looked and didn't move an inch. "Oh, fine," the girl grumbled and shuffled so they could squeeze in the chair together and watch their cartoons. Winter hummed appreciatively and burrowed under Karina cover as they squished in together.

"So...." she broke the silence a few minutes later.

"So?" Karina frowned.

"How was your date?"

"How was yours?" Karina shot back.

"Well, I went to bed alone and woke up alone..." she rolled her eyes.

"He didn't like the smell of turps?" Karina gave her such a sweet, disappointed on her behalf look that Winter laughed,

"Oh, I didn't like the smell of temper tantrums," she told a half truth.

"He threw a temper tantrum?" Karina looked instantly worried.

"Not exactly. I mean he's a nice guy, heart in the right place...I just...knowing what you told me..."

"Winter I shouldn't have said anything..."

"You said it way before I even considered dating the guy. It's fine. I just...the truth is I wasn't feeling it."

"Oh."

"How did it go with Ryujin?"

"You know," Karina shrugged dismissively.

"No I don't. Did you kiss? Did you make out? Did you have sex? Did you break up? Did you get to have an orgasm? I don't know."

"We kissed..."

"More dish cleaning?" She tried not to sound optimistic.

"When she was in control yeah...I guess that's just her style...but I managed to mix it up a little I guess, and it was...it was ok."

"Wow, sounds awesome," Winter stared at Karina's face. Her friend was clearly deep in thought and unenthused about Ryujin and her date. As much as her brain had been filled with Karina, she did want things to work out for her with the girl she liked.

"I don't know Winter," Karina began picking at the cuticle on her index finger, nervous, a blush staining her cheeks.

"Nope," Winter wrapped her fingers around Karina's. "Just talk, don't pick."

"We went back to her place. It's nice. Small but she's got good taste," Karina began and Winter felt like yelling, 'I have good taste too,' though that had absolutely no relevance so she wasn't sure why. "It was all green plants, succulents and cacti - I mean you know how much I love those things..."

"I do," she nodded.

"We sat in the living room, talking and sharing wine. It was nice. She makes me laugh," Karina smiled shyly and again Winter was filled with the urge to proclaim, 'I make you laugh so hard you cry!' But again that had no relevance to what they were talking about. They were discussing Karina and Ryujin. Ryujin and Karina. Fucking, kisses like a dishwasher, Ryujin.

"And you ended up kissing?"

"Yeah...she...she kinda straddled my lap and kissed me...hard..."

"Sounds like a turn on..." Winter hid her grimace behind a hand, not because she wasn't being sincere. The idea of straddling Karina and kissing her hard was a total turn on. The idea of Ryujin straddling Karina and kissing her hard was more of a turn off.