4

Karina met Aeri for lunch, calling through the engineering building with some food from her favourite Tteokbokki place just off campus. Aeri greeted her with a smile but then leant back in her chair, arms crossed over her chest and gave her an expectant look. Typical Aeri. Karina loved her friend but they definitely had issues of control with one another - lighthearted issues for sure, but Aeri wasn't going to say a word until Karina had given her what she wanted.

"We kissed!" She grumbled with a small shrug of irritation, wondering whether she should have just avoided lunch with everyone that day. But Karina wanted to talk, and despite her irritating smirk, Aeri was her go to person when she couldn't have Winter. And she couldn't very well swoon over Winter's kiss with Winter. Well, she probably could, but wasn't ready to, hence her trip to Aeri .

Aeri and Ningning had both known Winter since elementary school and while it was hard for Karina to be part of a foursome with three people who had been a threesome for so long, she didn't really want to be friends with anyone else. It had helped that she and Winter were roommates - Minnie had scoffed that Karina aught to take a solo room - she could afford to after all, but she'd known that would have allowed her have the social isolation she favoured.

Or used to favour. Winter changed all that. Winter with her confidence, social ease and immediate decision that Karina was part of the gang. It hadn't been easy at first - living with Winter. She was an insanely irritating roommate and Karina had come close to moving out a couple of times - there was stuff everywhere, Winter was messy, out late and then up early. She worked out in her god damned underwear and was cuddly. Throw in Karina's monumental crush and it could have very easily been toxic. If it had been anyone but Winter it would have been, but Winter was loyal, determined and kind. Karina got used to her, so used to her she couldn't imagine not sharing space with her blond best friend.

Aeri and Ningning were part of the package that was rooming with Winter. She had a good friendship with them both, but she and Aeri had a no bullshit friendship that she appreciated - it made hard to talk about things easier, though infinitely more annoying.

"No shit Sherlock!" Aeri laughed.

Silence fell between them which was often the case as they tried to out wait one another or goad one another into revealing things. Karina normally managed to hold the silence for longer than Aeri, but not today because her mind was a jumble of emotions she was steadfastly trying to avoid analyzing.

"Winter kissed me, like kissed me, kissed me...." she attempted to explain, body literally still jittery even though the kiss had ended hours ago. She knew Winter was sexually aware, that she was an unapologetic lover of herself, but fuck - the kiss had been incredible.

"Wow, the girl you asked to teach you how to kiss, actually kissed you..." Aeri rolled her eyes and grabbed a box of food from her work bench and opened it, putting Some Tteokbokki into her mouth. "She give you good tips?"

"Not exactly," Karina admitted, reaching across and eating as well, popping it into her mouth, and chewing nervously.

"Not exactly? What's that mean?" Aeri leaned back and waited.

"She didn't vocally suggest anything...she just kinda kissed me, and it was...." Karina trailed off, trying to find an appropriate descriptor.

"Hmmm?" Aeri prompted, mouth full of Tteokbokki.

"Yeah...hmmmm," Karina shut her eyes for a moment, and then opened them, "Well, I sure said that a lot this morning," a faint blush spread across her cheeks.

"So the study session went well?" Aeri laughed so loudly Karina was kind of embarrassed.

"Yes," she agreed, closing her eyes for a moment as she thought about the kiss, the touching, the feeling of Winter's warm thigh between her legs and of her body's response.