6

"Sorry I'm late," Karina blustered into the apartment, her boots dripping water onto the wooden floor, her coat falling off her arms where it had obviously been placed to protect the huge stack of files she was carrying from the rain.

Friday night poker night was already in session with three of the usual suspects sat in near silence around the kitchen table, beers and chips adorning it.

Winter watched over the top of her cards as Karina wobbled precariously as she tried to hold onto her files, not let her coat drop and remove her wet boots. When she overbalanced and fell back against the wall, Winter bit back a smile.

"We'll forgive you so long as you hurry up and get your ass in the game," Aeri's eyes were fixed on Winter which the blond noticed and so reluctantly moved her eyes from her suddenly clumsy friend and back to her cards. When she next looked at Aeri, the girl had an 'are you for real?' expression on her face. Winter scowled at her and looked back to Karina who had successfully removed her boots only to be pouting at her feet. After a huff she reached down unsteadily and peeled off her wet socks one handed.

"Dinner's in the microwave," Winter told her and when Karina looked up, she swung her eyes back down to her cards faster than lightening, telling herself to focus on Ningning who was clearly bluffing up a shit storm.

"You're a legend Winter-ssi...well so long as you didn't actually cook it," Karina told the back of Winter's head, before making her way to her room and dumping the case files on her desk.

"I did and it's good," Winter hollered back defensively.

Karina reappeared a couple of minutes later, smart lawyer like clothes discarded in favour of some sweats, a comfy hoody and fluffy socks, her hair pushed back with a headband.

"Oh it feels good to delawyer," she announced moaning slightly as her feet stretched after being in her heeled boots all day. Though technically not yet a lawyer, she always called it "delawyering" because she tended to dress for her future career while at college, unlike the rest of them. Dress for the job you want Winter, she was always saying.

Winter winced at the effect that soft moan had on her while Karina obliviously leaned over her to grab the glass of wine proffered by Ningning. Winter got a good whiff of Karina - she smelt good, delicious even, which Winter considered unfair as she smelt like paint, turpentine and a trace of musty art room at the end of a long day at college.

Karina, wine grasped in hand, then turned on heel and headed to the microwave pressing the reheat button. "Where are Ten and Haechan?" she looked at her roommates.

"Work," everyone answered in unison.

"And Minnie is undecided as she has work early. To be honest I feel like they're all gonna bail," Ningning shrugged.

"Well that's annoying," Karina scowled.

"Maybe they'd be more enthusiastic to return if you didn't keep taking everyone's money, Imperator," Winter teased, but it came out flirty as all hell and at Aeri's wide eyed stare she blushed.

"If it wasn't me taking all their money and you focused on your game it would be you," Karina offered back, punching her shoulder softly. "At least I don't pretend like I'm not going to take them for everything they have."

"You took the clothes off of Ten's back," Winter giggled, and actually raised a hand and irritably smooshed it on Aeri's obnoxious, knowing face. Ningning hid a giggle behind her hand. Beautiful oblivious Karina just laughed,

"I've been after that Led Zepplin shirt for months..."

"And you got it!" she smiled warmly at her friend.