Sick

A/N: It has been a long time since i've actually written here. Been working through some personal things. I'm sick and I am in the mood to write.

This is also gender neutral. Enjoy <3

¶¶¶

Your eyes opened, and you immediately knew there was something wrong. Your head was already throbbing and your throat felt raw and scratchy. Grimacing, you turned over in your bed and pulled the covers over head, not even realizing that Ivan had assessed the situation from across the room as he watched your reflection in the mirror on your dresser.

Rain splattered across the window in a labyrinth of trails. Even the sound of the wind outside seemed to provoke the pulsating pain on your head. You sighed heavily and tried to bury yourself deeper into the mattress.

Ivan awkwardly scratched his head and then decided to bring you some crackers and some painkillers in order to help you in any way he could. He even turned on your oil diffuser after pouring peppermint oil into it to ease your pain. He had remembered you saying something about the aroma helping back awhile ago.

After he made sure you had everything you needed, and giving you the medication, he pulled back the covers on his side of the bed and cuddled up close to you. After awhile when he knew you were comfortable he shifted you around so he could rub your temples. His large hands were extremely gentle on the tender flesh. You hummed in relief, feeling somewhat better. It didn't take long for you to drift off to sleep. When Ivan heard the soft faint sound of your snoring, the corners of his mouth twitched up. He kissed you on the forehead then go you back down all the way on the bed, making sure he didn't disturb you.

"I love you." He whispered, and you smiled as you fell even deeper into sleep.