Fatherly Love

Ivan and your son Erik were driving down a busy highway listening to Summer Nights from the movie Grease. It had been Erik's favorite song since he was little.

He was all grown up now, and had recently turned 22. He was trying to find the right woman so he could marry.
Ivan picked Erik up so he could come visit, and stay with you since you hadn't  seen him an almost a year.

The song was just getting to the bridge when a truck driver rammed into the front of the car. Ivan threw his arm across Erik's chest hoping to save him.
All they could hear was ringing, and then they both passed out.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

You had been making yourself some food when you got a phone call.
The doctors told you to get to the hospital as fast as you could. You ran to your car and sped down the road not caring if you would get pulled over. After twenty minutes of driving you finally got to the hospital.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Ivan had stitches in his arm, and he was cut up. On the other hand, news was bad.

Erik was in a coma, and nothing looked good. He was cut, stitched up, and covered in bandages.

His brown hair was a mess, and you and Ivan missed seeing his beautiful jade green eyes full of wonder.

The doctors said he would be fine and eventually would wake up.

§§§§§§§§§§

After two days of waiting, Erik awoke with a smile on his face.
You cried tears of joy, and you swore you saw a tear fall from your husbands eye.

A young, beautiful nurse with blue eyes and red hair walked in. She looked to be the same age as Erik.
"Hello, I'm Aurora. I will be taking care of you until your stay is over." she said sweetly.

Erik looked starstruck, and you and Ivan looked at each other, remembering the look Ivan had on his face the first time you had met.

Aurora blushed, and went to check the IV's,
(Is that right?) in his arm.

"I-I'm Erik." he said shakily.
"Wonderful to meet you, Erik." She shook his hand.

§§§§§§§

The doctor finally told you that Erik could go home.

You took your boys to the receptionist to sign them out.
"Crap. I left my phone in the room. I'll be back." and he ran off. You and Ivan Laughed knowing what is was he was doing.

Aurora was getting the room ready for the next patient.

"Aurora!" he came in panting.
"Yes?" she asked with a smile on her face.

"Thank you."
"You're wel-" He cut her off by placing a sweet kiss on her rosy lips.

You and Ivan had happened to have walled in at the wrong time, because you saw what had happened. You had chuckles quietly and they pulled apart quickly smoothing out their shirts awkwardly.

"Um, hi." Erik said.
Aurora turned around and tried to finish fixing up the room.

Ivan nodded silently to Aurora. Erik knew what he had meant.

"Um, hey Aurora? Do you want to go out sometime?"

She froze. "Of course I would." she said as she turned around. "Here's my number." Erik gave her a small piece of paper, and you all walked out leaving a shocked young woman behind.

For my favorite wattpad friend Presidentofrussia23
Thank you for requesting, and I'm truly sorry for how long this took to write. Thank you readers for getting me here. You mean everything to me.