What a heavenly way to die PT. 1

Been working on some requests from you guys 😏

I was listening to this song while I wrote this, and I thought it tied into the story line for this one quite well. I may or may not have used some of the plot from Infinity War, but I guess we'll see.

WARNING: Mentions of Death

You sat in the bay window of your country home reading an interesting book. A thought sparked through your mind and you set your book down.  You knew Thanos was coming for you and if he reached you while you were alive, he would surely murder half of the universe; if not more. Your heart was made of the red infinity stone that controlled reality.

The window that you left open let a light breeze flow through and encase your flesh. You could hear leaves crunching under Ivans boots as he walked to the window. He rested his head on the window sill and absorbed your beautiful features as you became lost in the depths of thought.

Time was just a part of imagination to you and Ivan as you sat there. There was nobody else on the earth it seemed sometimes. The sun was beginning to set and the air was growing cold so he decide to come inside after a long day of working outside.

You stood up to get a cup of coffee from the kitchen. Ivan walked through the large french doors attached to the back wall of the house. As you watched the milk swirl through the small abyss of darkness in your hands you felt Ivan wrap his rough hands around your waist. His jacket still was still frigid from the air outside.  You were pulled away from your thoughts, and you smiled lightly as you looked out of the window in front of you that cast different shades of red. You admired them. This would most likely be the last sunset you saw, depending on the events of tomorrow.

You brought the cup to your lips and lightly sipped, admiring the warm feeling seeping down her throat. You set the cup down on the counter then turned yourself around to face Ivan.

He smiled at you and leaned in to kiss you deeply. You could feel the hunger in the kiss. Pulling away, you rested your forehead against his.

"I need to ask you a favor, love." You said. Ivan smirked. "What is it?" He asked.

"You know of Thanos, and the problem being caused by me. I know he is searching for the reality stone," Ivan furrowed his eyebrows. This was an uncomfortable topic for him. "when he does come, I need you to kill me." you said.

His eyes glazed over.

"Don't ever say that to me, ever again." He replied. "You know I can't do that." A small tear formed and slowly danced down his face.

You brushed it away with the tip of your thumb carefully. "Ivan, it is the only way. You have to or people will die." You whispered. He shook his head in protest. He pulled away from you, out of the reaches of your embrace.

"No. Never. I don't care. There is no way on this earth that I will let you die. I can't let you die; dammit Y/N I can't live without you!" He shouted.

You broke down into silent tears. Covering your mouth so you wouldn't let the sobs escape your throat. Tears streamed down Ivans face. You knew he couldn't bear living life without you, which only made this harder. Time was running out and you knew Thanos would arrive to take your life away in only a mere few hours.

The sky was dark now.

Walking out of the kitchen you wiped your cheeks clean. Ivan stood in the middle of the dim kitchen and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. Stepping away from the counter he let out a sigh and walked to the window to shut the window.

He ventured towards the bathroom. He could hear the water running when he reached the door. Ivan knew you too well, so he didn't try to open the door and he didn't say anything. He just walked to the bedroom so he could sleep off his pain.

You emerged from darkness of hallway and into the room where quiet sound of breathing filled the atmosphere. There were still small drops of water on your skin. You tried to be quiet while walking through the room.

You peeled back the blankets on the bed and laid down taking in the warmth. Ivan draped a muscular arm around you which made you jump slightly. He kissed your bare shoulder and slowly moved to your neck. You smirked, and turned to kiss his lips. He threaded his fingers through your beautiful locks of hair, as he kissed you passionately.

You left his plump coral lips bruised and swollen as you pulled away.

All you could do was stare at the smalls beams of light break through the barriers of the curtains, and project small orbs onto the ceiling.

Ivan nuzzled his face into your neck, breathing you in carefully. After a few moments you dozed off, soon after followed by your significant other.

***************

The sound of birds filled the air. The curtains had been pulled apart and let the morning sky seep in. Small particles of dust were floating through the air. The space next to your body was now empty, but still held warmth as if someone had just left it only a few moments earlier.

There was a small twinge in your heart. You'd seen your last sunset, and you had just encountered your last sunrise.

Ivan would have to work in half an hour so you would have to cherish these last few moments with him. Ivan sat at the counter with a plate of food while he glanced at his book every now and then. Through the doorway you admired his sculpted face, and the way his hair caught the rays of sunlight.

You walked over to sit down in the chair next to him. You rested your head on his shoulders and he chuckled. "I love you, Y/N." He said.

"I love you too."

Then there was a knock on the door. You pushed yourself out of the chair and went to answer it. There stood Tony in all his rich dude glory, (You guys must know that I had to do this) and behind him stood an awkward looking Peter Parker.

You sighed heavily and let the two in. Tony opened his mouth to speak, but you stopped him before he could say anything.

"Shut up. I know why you're here." You said as you lead them into the kitchen. Peter gave a small wave towards Ivan, who nodded his head in response. Tony rolled his eyes. He fake laughed, "Of course you do."    "Well?" You inquired.

"We need to talk about your options." Said Tony. You frowned. "My options?" You asked. Ivan looked up at you, his eyes full of worry.

"What the hell does that even mean? There is no option; I've already made a decision." You implied.

Tony's eyes went wide. "What? NO. There is no way you've already made a decision. We don't know what's going to happen yet."

Ivan stared down at the counter while Peter stood off to the side.

"Well I have! And we do know what's going to happen. It is very simple. He kills me, he gains all the power he needs to end the lives of half of the beings in the universe." You shouted.

"Then tell me what it is that you've decided you are going to do." Tony gave in finally.

You took in a deep breath and explained your plan to him.

Haha, cliffhanger. Sorry ma dudes. I'm gonna starting writing the next part as soon as I publish this part. It's really late though. See y'all next update!