Fight until the end

Requested by Presidentofrussia23  I'm sorry if this is short.
The reader has cancer and she is fighting until the end, and her boyfriend (Drago) is with her every step of the way.

READ ON

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

He was there with you when you were diagnosed with  cancer. He cried with you for days. You and Ivan couldn't do anything to prepare yourselves for the news.

The doctors had found a lump of disease in your right breast. The pain it caused was unbearable. There had been many surgeries to take multiple lumps out, but they seemed to always come back.

You have been fighting long and hard for a little over a year now, and Ivan has been with you every single day.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Between you and Ivan it had been quiet. It was a rare thing to hear his voice, and most of the time the pain you went through prevented you from speaking.
You were still the same person you were before you were diagnosed. You might not have spoken a whole  lot but you still did art while laying in a hospital bed.

Drawing something new in your sketch book while Ivan watched everyday seemed to make a small difference in your pain tolerance.

But one day you became very weak. You didn't even try to pick up the sketchbook that sat next to the head board of your bed that morning.
Ivan noticed something was wrong immediately.

And when he noticed he decided to tell you the poem that you had taught him a few weeks after your diagnosis.

"Y/N, remember the poem. Y/N please look at me." He said as you turned your head towards him.

"I remember." You said.

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will, when the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit, you can rest if you want but please don't quit.
Life is strange with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out,
Don't give up  thought the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than,
it seems to a fair and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the Victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worse you mustn't quit."

You smiled as he said this to you. He had memorized every single word correctly. And you told yourself the poem until you fell asleep.

*****************************************************

That had been your motivation for such a long time.
Your mother would tell you the poem every night before you fell asleep.
She had also been diagnosed with breast cancer; so the disease you were carrying was hereditary, and the doctors couldn't help you in anyway.

You were always convincing yourself that there was nothing to worry about. Every night before you fell asleep, you would pray and give all your worries to God, because "He was going to be up all night anyways."   Ivan would stay awake just a few minutes longer so he could pray with you.

Once a week the doctors would perform a small series of tests to make sure everything was under control, but one night a few small details came up different on the tests.

The doctor came in one morning when you were asleep but Ivan had been awake for awhile and told him the devastating news. Your stage four cancer had gone to stage five, and at stage five there was nothing anyone could do. Ivan sat there with no emotion on his face. A small tear rolled down his cheekbone. You awoke slowly and sat up.

"What's wrong?" You asked Ivan with your voice full of worry, but you didn't need him to answer. You could already tell. It had gotten to the point that you knew you were dying, but very painfully and slowly.

Ivan looked at you and tears streamed down his face rapidly. He couldn't make himself say it. It brought him to a level of pain so high his whole body went numb. So he just looked at you, until you broke the silence.

"It's worse isn't it?" You asked. You were trembling.

He shook his head slowly. You crawled to the edge of the bed and hugged him tightly while rubbing his back. He cried into your stomach so hard he almost threw up.

The doctor came in a few hours later and explained to you that you had only two weeks left. Ivan did a very reasonable thing and asked you to marry him that day. When you had a week left, a preacher came into your hospital room and did the ceremony. The door was crowded with multiple nurses and doctors.

You were very happy that day but you were also very weak. Ivan fell asleep on the hospital bed next to you that night. Your arms were wrapped around his arm which was hold your abdomen.

*************************************

Only having a few hours left to live you sat there drawing in your sketchbook one last time. It was a small portrait of Ivan. He smiled when you showed him a few minutes after you had started. You were growing very tired, so you two said the poem one last time together.

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will, when the road you're trudging seems all uphill, when the funds are lows and the debts are high, and you want to smile, but you have to sigh, when care is pressing you down a it, rest if you must but please don't quit.

Life is strange with its twists and turns, as everyone of us sometimes learns, and many a fellow turns about, when he might've won had he stuck it out. Don't give up though the pace seems slow- you mat succeed with another blow.  Often the goal is nearer than, it seems to a fair and faltering man, often the struggler has given up, when he might have captured the victor's cup, and he learned too late when the night came down, how close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out, the silver tint of the clouds of doubt, and you never can tell how close you are, it may be near when it seems afar, so stick to the fight when you're hardest hit- it's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit."  You smiled as you looked at each other.

Ivan leaned down and kissed you deeply. "Y/N, you have been very strong this past year and a half. I'm very happy to call you my wife." He said as his voice cracked. You had only a few minutes. "Thank you for staying with me everyday, and thank you for being a part of my life. I will always love you and I will be with you in here." You said as you pointed to his heart. He smiled as tears streamed down his face.

"I love you." You both said.

A happy tear rolled down the side of your face as you went limp next to your husband. He was happy for you. You were finally free from pain. He smiled at the thought. You both had fought until the end.

*************************************

I tried so don't be mad if it sucked or if it was repetitive. I love you guys

Until next time............