~ Twenty-Six - Why cant i be happy.. ~

Fernando POV

I didn't go to y/n's quince. Why, you might ask? Well, ill tell you right now.

I invited y/n over to my house. I wanted to apologize to her. For me, taking part in attempting to ruin her life. In the letter i had stated for her to come over at 9:00 AM, and it was currently 8:53. I was patiently waiting for her downstairs and suddenly, i heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I announced to however was at the door. In came, not y/n but, Natalia..? "Natalia? What are you doing here?" I asked, in confusion. She had a nervous look on her face.

"Hey Fernando..I came here to tell you something.." I raised an eyebrow, curious of what she has to say. "Listen Fernando, I know that you were supposed to take me out on a date soon but, here's the thing..i don't like you. Not in a mean way, i mean i don't like MEN you see, right now I'm attracted to my friend, Daniela." I could even believe of what i was hearing. The woman i loved, was a lesbian. ( that sounds wired to say..)

"You're a great guy Fernando, and you deserve a nice partner. Its not you its me but, people change and the world is just like that sometimes. I really do hope you understand. Goodbye." And just like that she left, leaving me miserable and on the verge of tears.

And out of nowhere y/n came into my house, she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me, crying my heart out. " Oh my goodness! Fernando what happened to you?! Are you okay?!" Without thinking, i launched myself on y/n. Hugging her, as if my life depended on it.

She didn't say anything, she just hugged me back and swayed us back and forth. After a bit of comfortable silence she spoke up "If you don't mind me asking, What happened?"She signaled me to sit down and so i did, soon she sat down next to me.

"Before you came Natalia arrived unexpectedly. She had a strange look on her face, as if she had something horrid to tell me. And she did, she told me that she wasn't attracted to me anymore. She claimed that she was attracted to her best friend,Daniela." That was my breaking point. I started to cry a river.

The amount of sadness that i was feeling was indescribable. "Why can't i be happy.." I managed to cry out between my sobbing.

"Oh Fernando, you can be happy, it just can't always be happy. There will always be a bit of sadness in everyone's life." Y/n whispered, while rubbing my back comfortingly. I was balling my eyes out for 10 more minutes until, my throat would burn every time I would try to cry.

Y/n got up and i heard her go into the kitchen. I also went into the kitchen, curious of what y/n was going to do. She got a cup and started to i fill the cup up with water and hand it to me. " I can tell that you're dehydrated by all that crying so, drink up before you pass out."

For some reason Y/n had been script about hydration. I know its good to always be hydrated but, y/n was hardcore when it came to being hydrated. I finally decided to ask her. " Hey y/n, how come ever since you've moved here you've been so strict on being hydrated?" She paused for a movement. As if she was having a flash back.

"When our town came to massacre, my family would travel for days, some without eating or drinking. Desperate, to find somewhere that could be out new home. When we would find this town, we were starving and very parched. Angelo was so parched that he passed out on our way to the Madrigals home. He was out for so long that i thought that he was going to die. I don't want to risk someone i love to die like that. Even though that is a very low possibility, it could still happen..."

I could tell that the memory she was having wasn't very pleasant so, i gave her a hug to comfort her. "Thank you.." I heard her mumble. We both decided to talk about something not so sad. After about 20 minutes of talking i remembered why i had invited her over int eh first place.

"Oh y/n! I didn't tell you why i invited you here in the first place." She tilted her head in confusion. "I just wanted to apologize, I'm sorry that i tried to ruin your life. I just wanted to get closer to Natalia." She chuckled.

"Its alright Fernando, i knew deep down that you didn't mean me or my family any harm to begin with.." She patted me in the back. We then went back to talking about anything that came to mind.

Y/n went back to her house to get her dog, Junior and would soon come back. I was expecting her to take a while so i started to make a little meal. But, two minutes after y/n had left i heard a knock at the door. Confused, i opened the door to see Camilo. "Hey Fernando. Do you know where y/n went? All i know is that she was supposed to be at your place."

"Y/n went back to her house to get Junior but, she should be back soon! If you are waiting for her, you can come in and wait for her!" Camilo agreed to wait for y/n inside my house so I stepped aside to let Camilo in. he took a seat on my couch and made small talk.

"So Fernando, what've you been up to lately?"

"Well, not the best.." I replied. Camilo gave me a curious look on his face and so, i explained how the beginning of my day had went. At the end Camilo just had a shocked look on his face. He formed into Natalia and turned around so I couldn't see his front side.

He then proceeded to 'make out' with himself. While doing so, he was saying stuff in a high pitched voice like 'Oh yeah' and 'Mhm' and my personal favorite 'I love you so much Daniela.' We we're interrupted by a cough at the front door. Lo and behold, it was y/n with a disgusted look on her face, holding Junior in her arms.

"Hey y/n...hows it going?.." Natalia said-well Camilo said.

"You better give me a good reason of why I'm still dating you.." She said, while letting Junior down.

A/n: I hope you like this chapter and im sorry that it came out kinda late!