Rome

Time jump: After the trial

Barba threw his jacket against the couch in rage. He had pushed through every attempt to make the charges stick but in the end, the jury failed to look past his charm. Looking down at his phone he nearly screamed at the message he received.

"He's on bail." Barba scoffed. "Some system we have." Losing up his tie, he placed the phone to ear waiting for the other line to pick up.

'I heard about the trial. Tough luck.'

"Yeah, look I need someone to tail him."

'Who? Lewis?'

Was the question not obvious enough? "Yes."

'Rafael, let it go. Nothing else you can do, but wait until he slips.'

"James, it's not a request. Get someone to tail him. He's out on bail if I can't get my hands on him, I at least want something to put him behind bars."

James sighed, but in the end, had given in. 'Alright, I'm sending two out right now.' He cleared his throat. 'But we have an assignment.'

Barba wasn't surprised. You wanted something from them, you needed to give something back. "Where?"

'Rome. Italy to be specific.' James replied. 'The counterterrorism task force is having difficulty with a prisoner of theirs. They need you in on that.'

Knowing he couldn't talk himself out of this, he agreed with no issues. "Fine. When do I leave?"

'Now, before you go all Barba on me Carmen will pick you up at the station. Say your goodbyes and get going. Shouldn't take longer than two days.'

"On it." Staring at the phone it took all his will not to throw it across the room. "I need a new job."

Walking into the squad room, he spotted the group huddling eating dinner. "Don't you lot have a life outside the station?"

"Say the DA that just walked in." Rollins snapped.

Barba raised a brow at the tone. "Eat a snicker, Rollins."

Fin was quick to stop the incoming insult. "So, Lewis on bail?"

"Seems that way." He had no intention of wasting his little time, talking about Lewis. "We will get him."

"Without a doubt." Carisi smacked the table, causing the others to jump. "Sorry."

"Where is Liv?" Barba hadn't seen her when he came in and her office was closed. "Home?"

Fin shook his head, handing him a box of rice. "No, Lucy just dropped off Jess and Noah. She's gone outside to pick them up."

"Noah still going to your place?" Barba asked.

Rollins nodded. "Yeah, two days. I'll be dropping him off Sunday afternoon."

"Uncle Rafa!" Noah had just turned into the bullpen when he noticed Rafael.

Barba had just enough time to turn around and catch the incoming boy. "I don't see you for a few days and you're already as tall as me." Kissing him on the cheek, he hugged him tightly. "Como estas?"

"Bien!" He grinned proudly at having answered in Spanish. "Y-Y tu?"

"Mejor." Putting him down, he looked over at Olivia. "Liv, got a moment?"

"Yeah, ah, Can you guys watch Noah for a moment?" She sat her son down, grabbing the box of rice Barba handed her. "I will be right back."

"Okay mami."