Guess who's back

This one didn't come out as well as I had hoped, but action is soon to come. Barba and Olivia's plans might be spoiled with the appearance of someone.

—————————
Rome
—————————

Olivia never dreamt that she would one day walk the streets of Rome, feel the history soak into her skin and the rough streets beneath her heels. It is a place that puts into perspective the span of one life, that draws out notions of families as generations. It is a place of such ambiance that her heartbeats in contented rhythm and every one of her body movements as a slow relaxed flow like the Tiber.

After dinner, they decided to take a walk at the Tevere River. They walked along the bank of the river. The full moon gave them enough light to see where they were walking.

"It's rude to stare." Olivia teased, catching him glance at her for the fifth time.

"Not staring." Barba chuckled. "I'm admiring your beauty."

Olivia scoffed at his comment. "It's the full moon effect."

"Liv, look at me." Taking a large step forward, he stopped in front of her. "You have any idea how beautiful you are?" Olivia rolled her eyes with a sigh. "You are the most stunning women I have ever seen. I love the way your eyes speak for you. The way your hair falls over your shoulder, or how your hips sway teasing me with every step you take."

Olivia turned to face the river, the reflection of the stars catching her attention. "Rafa I'm-"

Barba placed a bent finger under her chin gently turning her to face him once more. "Every word I have spoken is the absolute truth. If given the chance I will spend every moment ensuring you don't forget it." Moving his hand to the back of her neck, he pulled her in for a kiss. Wrapping his arms around her, he planted a kiss on top of her head. Feeling her shake against him, he pulled away to shrug his coat off. "Here, you're freezing." Placing it over her shoulder, he ran his thumb over her pulse.

Olivia placed a hand over his heart, feeling the rapid beating against her palm. "You alright there counselor?" She gasped at feeling his lips over her eat lope.

"Around you? Never." Barba pulled back enough to stare into her eyes. His hand moved to the base of her throat, smirking at hearing the hitch in her breath. He drops it down to his side not wanting to make the first move. To his surprise, she took his hand leading him up the steps of the bridge.

Tossing Barba, a grin over her shoulder, she walked to the side of the bridge looking down at the river. A pair of hands grabbed her hips, turning her around to face him. Her back resting against the cemented railing, still she made no move towards him. Olivia herself was trying to be indifferent. It doesn't do to let someone with an ego like his know how much power he has. She doesn't lean in, doesn't make it easy, or seems too keen. Then he brushes her hair back from her shoulder and moves in so close Olivia can feel his body pressed up against her. She feels his warmth and already her mind was placing their lips together. But instead, Barba leans in to caress her neck, slow and gentle. He's making her wait and she can hardly bear it. She wants his lips now, his kisses. Barba then cups her face in his hands and gives her what he knows she wants.

The kiss was gentle and sweet at first, he would just brush his lips over hers. Almost as if something inside him triggers, Barba cupped her jaw. Holding her in position as he was quick to deepen the kiss. Growling at the moan she gave to his invasion. Feeling him deepen the kiss, she wrapped her arms around his neck. Running her ringer through his soft hair, tugging it ever so often. Barba had one hand on her back and the other trailing over her stomach, under her shirt. Her skin felt smooth and warm, giving him flashbacks to their most intimate moments. Just as he began kissing down her neck rain began falling on them. Pulling their lips apart they both looked up at the raining sky. Looking back at each other they laughed but made no move in getting out from under the water. Instead, Barba took her lips in his once more.