The trial

Barba stared into the mirror fixing his tie-trying to fix his tie. Realizing he had screwed up the knot once more, Barba undid the tie with a heavy sigh. He attempted to focus on the task at hand only to come up blank. He had less than an hour before the Lewis hearing began. Groaning in frustration he ripped the tie off his neck tossing it towards the couch. Resting back against the table, he gripped the edges lowering his head. Closing his eyes for a moment he blocked out every sound. He wanted nothing in his head, but what he was planning on saying and doing in court.

Lewis had tried getting in one last punch at Benson after the hearing. He had offered Barba the deal to confess to his crimes against Olivia, in open court. But it was a confession to crimes he didn't do. He did not rape Olivia, but to humiliate her he was willing to admit it. Barba refused the deal way before he spoke with Olivia.

"What the tie ever do to you?" Olivia had caught the action of frustration as she walked in. "I like that tie."

Barba chuckled lightly. "It doesn't like me right now."

Rolling her eyes, she beaconed him closer. "Let's fix that." Raising the collar to his shirt, she undid the knot in the abused tie. Barba lowered his head allowing her to place the tie over. "You need to relax. This is just like any other case."

"It's not." He muttered. "You and I both know that. I want to see it as any other case, but I can't." Seeing the worried look on her face, he placed his hands on her arm. "Don't look so worried. Carisi will be with me at the table. If I need to step back, he will take over."

"I-okay." He was surprised for a moment by her sudden hug. "I just want this over with."

"We both do." Kissing her on the temple, he held her for a little longer. Her stability and calmness were something he didn't have. He didn't have the patience she did. He wasn't able to just sit around and wait, he needed to take matters into his own hands. Which he must admit was always the bloodiest option. "Do me a favor."

"What?"

"Don't wander off too far between breaks." Pulling back, he stared down at her with a small grin. "I am going to need my dose of Livy."

Olivia chucked, burying her face into his chest. "Always."

-----------------------
Supreme Court
-----------------------

Barba clenched his fist at hearing the judge give Lewis the clear to defend himself. Grabbing his briefcase, he turned towards the benches to find Olivia gone. Going in search of her, he sighed at seeing the entire squad there.

"What are you people doing here?" Barba was not in the mood for any of them. "You know you can't watch the trial. You are all witnesses."

"We are here for moral support." Amaro failed at calming the counselor.

And of course, Fin had to open his mouth. "Counselor, don't mess this up."

Barba narrowed his eyes at the man. "I was about to tell you the same thing." Turning his attention to Olivia, he placed a hand on her arm. He wanted nothing more than to pull her into his arms, erase that look of fear she was desperately trying to hide. "I won't let him get away."

"I know."

The first one he called up to the stand was Fin.

"Detective, can you tell us what happened from the moment you arrived at Captain Benson's apartment?"

Fin nodded. "My partner and I broke into Captain Benson's apartment. It was destroyed. Glass everywhere, furniture was turned over, bloody duct tape. We found coat hangers and keys on the stove and cigarette butts. I'll never forget the smell of burnt flesh."