Chapter 62

Draco gripped the handle of his briefcase tightly as he walked into the Ministry, deep in thought.

As he made his way towards the lift, he felt someone bumping into him.

"Watch it," he sneered before turning to look at the person. "Ah... Of course, it's you."

"Hello, Draco," Harry greeted him. "Bad start to the day?"

"Obviously," the blonde scoffed. "And it just got worse."

"Happy to help," Harry nodded. "Anyway... have you heard the news about –"

"Your good-for-nothing son dating my astonishing daughter?" Draco raised one of his eyebrows. "Yes, I have."

Harry frowned. "Hey! Don't talk about my son that way, he's a great lad!"

"Yeah, right," Draco scowled. "Great at causing trouble, maybe..."

"Well..." Harry shifted on his feet. "Still, he likes her very much!"

"Who wouldn't?" Draco straightened his posture proudly. "She's got the looks, and she's got the brains as well. Any boy would be lucky to be with her, although I'm not too sure if she's lucky to be with someone like him."

"You have no idea how in love my son is, Draco!" Harry pointed a finger at him. "James has been waiting to date your daughter for years, so don't screw this up for him, please."

"I don't know, Potter..." Draco put his free hand in his pocket. "I have to say, I'm quite worried. What if they decide to get married one day? Unlike my Mia, your son doesn't have the best genes."

Harry's jaw dropped. "Excuse me?! Have you seen Ginny?"

"I have," Draco nodded. "My opinion remains the same. She's nothing compared to my wife."

"You're lucky she's not here right now, or else your perfect face would need some fixing up," Harry squinted his eyes.

"Thanks for the compliment, Potter," Draco smirked. "I'm glad you agree about me having a perfect face."

"Not the point..." Harry mumbled.

"Anyway," Draco said in a serious tone, "as long as he genuinely makes her happy, I suppose I can look past his faults..."

"How generous of you," Harry said sarcastically. "So... Are we good, then?"

"Sure," Draco shrugged. "All right, Potter, I would love to stay and chat, but unlike you, I actually have work to do, so I'll be on my way."

"Who says I don't have work to do?" Harry questioned, but Draco already took a few steps away from him.

"So long, Potter!" He waved at him before disappearing in a crowd of people.

***

"How long is Malfoy going to take?" James groaned while kicking a pebble away with his foot.

"Patience, James," Mia rolled her eyes. "He wanted to come with us, so we'll wait for him."

"Why can't he go with his other Slytherin buddies or something?" He muttered.

"Come on, he's my brother," she tightened her coat around herself.

Seeing her do that, James wrapped his arms around her body quickly. "Yeah, and Albus is my brother, yet I still wouldn't go out drinking with him."

"I wouldn't do that either," Mia commented quietly.

James pouted, then he pressed a quick kiss on her cheek. "Is anyone else coming?" He changed the subject.