~ Twenty-Seven - ...anything?...~

~Y/n POV~

A couple nights back, me and my family decided. We were gonna get our powers back. Like last time we were gonna cast the spell in front of the village. Hopefully, it wont end up like last time.

While i was re-reading the book i found out something, If you casted the spell again and it was over the 20-year mark you could change your power. I was shocked. Should i, or should i not change my power? I mean, i like having telekinesis but what if I wanted something like, i don't know, teleportation?

Nah, I'm just gonna stick with my power for now. But i still need to tell my family about. You see, my family has a little bell and when one bell rings, the other bells will ring. Don't ask me how it works, it just does. So, i grabbed my bell and rang it.

Soon enough, all the members in my family were downstairs. " So, you're all probably wondering of why i called you here. Well, i read the book again and it said that if we cast the spell after the 20-year mark, we can change our power."

"Where did it say that?" Alejandra asked. I pointed at the line where it had stated that. While she was reading i looked at my other family members. My brother looked in thought and my parents were whispering to each other.

    "We can change it to anything?" Asked Angelo. I nodded my head in response. "Anything" he asked once again.

    "Yes, anything.." I responded. At this point Angelo was just trying to get on my nerve.

    "...anything...?"

    "Angelo!" My mother scolded. Angelo and i chuckled.

    After a bit of discussion my whole family decided to just stick with our powers we had. We all some family bonding time before it was time.

    We had to be ready by 6:30PM, and it was 5;50PM. All of us started to make our way out of the house and towards a hill that was made for big events. "Okay, so, you guys set everything up while i sit back and relax." Valentina said. My mom gave her 'the look'. Valentina put her arms up in surrender and started to unpack the items from our backpack.

A downside of  doing our spell is that it looks like we were preforming which craft.. but, we learned to ignore  it. Once it was all set up it was 6:10PM. Luckily, I had brought the joy of my life, aka, Junior. I also brought his favorite toy, his little teddy bear.

It was the fist toy i had given him since i got him. And now, he would refuse to go anywhere without his teddy. After a good 1o minutes, people started to arrive. We all said our hello's and then the anxiety kicked in. I started to get paranoid. What if the spell didn't work? What if someone stole the book AGAIN?

My breathing started to quicken, i felt my eyes starting to water. Then, i felt a tap on my shoulder. " Mi amor? Are you okay?" I knew that voice. It was the second joy of my life, Camilo. I knew he was behind me so, I did a trust fall...kinda.

~Camilo POV~

Y/n didn't say anything for a while. I was worried for her. Right before I was about to speak she fell right on top of me. Due to the unexpected weight i fell backwards. When i fell on the ground Y/n started laughing her heart out. A couple of people look our way and gave us a weird look but, I didn't really care. All of my attention was on Y/n.

Y/n got off from on top of me, now, instead of laughed it was a quiet giggle. She helped me up and then she gave me a tight hug. I returned it and swayed us around. We were both just soaking in the moment until we heard, "If you two keep hugging I'm gonna puke.."

We both look to see who said that and then, we looked down. It was Angelo and Antonio. They always thought that us dating was the biggest mistake made in history. If both of them catch us hugging or doing something together, they call it gross.

When Y/n was about to say something, they both ran away. After talking to Y/n for a while her family called her over it was time.

~Y/n POV~

All of my family sat in a circle and then, people started to gather. I started to get nervous again. Alejandra took notice since she rubbed my back with her hand and gave me a comforting smile.

While my mom was prepping the items, i was scanning the crowd. My eyes then landed on Dolores and Dolores. Wait...what..I looked for a little longer just to make sure i wasn't seeing things.Then one of the Dolores noticed that i was looking. Both Dolores looked at me. Then one of them turned into Camilo.

Well, Camilo turned back into himself. He then gave me a heart-warming smile and two thumbs up. I did feel better after that. My mother then started to speak up and caught everyone's attention. She went on to talk about our family's history, how we came across the book, the tragedy that went on in our town and how we ended up here.

( I have ZERO idea of how to write about how they do the spell thing so I'm just gonna write whatever and go with flow)

~3rd person POV~

Y/n got up, picked up a white tulip, a lighter and a cup of soil. The girl went to the middle, held the flower up, lit up the lighter, and burned the flower. She dropped it on the floor and poured the whole bottle of sand on top of the burnt flower. The hernandez family had made a circle made out of sugar while prepping.

Then, the whole sugar circle lit up. The crowd gasped while children let their wow's out. The Hernandez family then got sugar out of their pockets and put it on their hands. After a couple of moments, all of their hands also lit up. They all then threw the sugar from their hands towards the middle of the circle.

    The flower that was previously burned started to glow. A beam of light came from the tulip and went towards the Hernandez's. A hard breeze them came, somehow causing the sugar to move upwards and make some sort of barrier.

    Camilo tried to look through the barrier and when he got a glimpse inside he saw Y/n, her hair flowing, eyes tightly shut. Then, the beam went back into the middle and formed a circle. The circle grew in size and exploded, making small beams of light going into the Hernandez's family bodies.

    As the light dimmed down, the Hernandez family slowly stood up. Everyone waited for them to do something. Moments passed by. The only thing the family did was spare glances at each other. Then, out of nowhere, someone ran around the crowd at the speed of light.

    It was the one and only, Angelo. The crowd cheered. It worked. The spell worked.

~Y/n POV~ (Wow, so many POV changes today ,huh?)

    I still need to test if my power works. I looked around to find anything I could pick up with my telekinesis. Then, i saw Junior. Perfect. I consetrated since I didn't want this to fail. Then, Lo and behold, Junior was up in the air, barking. (Me, getting a traumatic flash back to the end of chapter 4)

     My dad then grew his hand and gently grabbed Junior and held him. My mother turned invisible and sneakily approached my dad. After a while, Junior was flying! Or, it was just my mom taking Junior from my dad. My sister, Valentina, grabbed a sandwich and grew it in size. I mean, I would do that too... My other sister, Alejandra, out of nowhere shouted "I heard that!" As she pointed at a random dude in the crowd.

Welp, looked like everyone's powers were back. The rest of the night it was one big party. The whole time I was talking to one of the Madrigals or, some of the little kids were bombarding me with questions about my family's powers. Besides the little kids, I had a nice time...

A/n: Im so sorry for not publishing any chapters for like a month but I've been busy with school. Im PINKY SWEARING YOU that I'll try and publish daily Anyways, I'm tired and abt to pass out so bye bitch