VISIONARY

FLASHBACK-- BEACON HILLS PRESERVE, 2003

ENNIS' BETA: You're a Hale, aren't you?

HUNTER: Is this the one?

ARGENT: [nodding] Killed two of ours. Find the others. Bring them back alive. We go by the Code.

END FLASHBACK

DEREK'S LOFT

CORA: They were there for two days, waiting. Hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the Hunters find us-- hide and heal.

STILES: [impatiently] Okay, so, is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?

CORA: Why do you care?

STILES: [appalled] Why do I care??? Let's see...

STILES: Because, over the last few weeks: my 2  best friend's tried to kill themselves ; his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed; a girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed; Boyd was killed by Alphas... I... Do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour.

CORA: You think Derek can do anything about that?

SAM : Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, yeah.

CORA: I don't know... There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when I knew him.

STILES : What was he like?

PETER: A lot like Scott, actually. A lot like most teenagers-- unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers...

STILES: And so what happened? What changed him?

PETER: Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men...

PETER: A girl.

STILES: [scoffing] You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?

PETER: Do you remember Derek, before he was an Alpha, had blue eyes? Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?

STILES: [shrugging] I just always thought it was, like, a genetic thing...

PETER: If you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the color of his eyes.

BEACON HILLS NURSING HOME

GERARD: Mmm...

GERARD: Did you bring him?

GERARD: [sighing] Oh. Oh, come in, Scott, and give an old man something for his pain.

ALLISON: You don't have to do this.

GERARD: If you want me to talk, this is how it's going to happen.

SCOTT: If I do this, you have to tell us everything you know. Everything.

GERARD: Ah.

FLASHBACK-- BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL, 2003

JOCK: Uh oh! Uh oh!

JOCK: What are you gonna do?

PAIGE: Hey, do you mind? I'm trying to practice.

DEREK: How do you know we're not trying to practice here, too?

PAIGE: [sarcastically] Yeah, well, see, I was practicing in the music room, and I'm pretty sure basketball practice takes place in the gym.