ANCHORS

Nightmares. The ability to dream something that frightens you. 

Stiles Stilinski was falling victim to one. Gripping the sheets, his eyes closed tightly in fear. His breath was short and forced. 

Small whispers came from his mouth until finally, he awoke with a jump. Eyes now wide, he wasn't in his bedroom.6 little slits lay before him, only allowing a certain amount of light to surround him. Putting his hands out, cold metal tingled his fingertips. 

He hit and he hit and he hit. Eventually, the door opened, making him fall out. Eyes scanning the area, he realized he was in the locker room. 

The halls were dark and empty. Every moonlight pouring through the windows. Venturing out, he entered a classroom. Heart dropping, the sight in front of him, scared him.

 The Nemeton. Stretching his fingers out, he placed them onto the wood, a branch clamping to his arm.

Lurching up in his bed, Stiles sucked in deep breaths of air. "You okay?", a  voice asked him. A girl. She gently rubbed circles on his back in an attempt to calm him. 

"Stiles?". The boy breathed, "yeah, Sam, just dreaming". Continuing to soothe him, she listened to his words. 

"It was weird", he said as he rubbed his eyes, "it was like a dream within a dream".

"A nightmare?", she whispered, holding his hand softly.

 "Yeah", he replied as he intertwined their fingers. Stiles knitted his eyebrows together as he looked at Sam. 

She smiled yet he didn't return it. "Sam, what are you doing here?", he asked. No reply, she carried on smiling. 

A little creek came from his bedroom door, making him snatch his attention to it. 

Shifting forwards, curiosity ran in his mind. "Where are you going?", Sam asked, her smile dropping. "I'm just gonna close the door", he whispered, moving further away. 

"Stiles, just go back to sleep". His bare feet touched his soft carpet as he stood up. 

"Stiles, don't worry about it". Ignoring her, he advanced forwards, near the door.

"What if someone gets in?", he said, his voice low. 

"Who?". No answer. 

"Stiles, just go back to sleep".

"But what if they get in?".

Sweat beaded on his hairline and his heart rattled in his ribcage. Standing by the opening, Stiles slowly reached his hand out. With wide eyes, the girl became panicked.

 "Stiles, just leave it please". With his hand shaking, he wrapped his fingers around the handle.

 "Stiles, come back to bed". Ears burning, stomach churning, Stiles opened the door wider. 

"No, Stiles don't go in there! No, Stiles, don't!". Without looking behind him, he stepped through.

Darkness.

 All he could see.

 All he could feel. His eyes squinted, as a wind picked up around him. Abruptly, a circle of light flashed around him.

 Adjusting his sight, in the middle of the circle lay a large tree stump. 

That same feeling of fear crept in his chest. "This is just a dream", he told himself. 

Blustering wind hit him, almost shoving him over. "This is just a dream, get out of your head Stiles". His voice grew louder with every word. 

"Just wake up. Just wake up Stiles".