A PROMISE TO THE DEAD

PATRICK'S LAIR

PATRICK: Hey! Hey, relax! I'm going to open the bag.

PATRICK: Hey, do you hear me? I'm going to open the bag!

PATRICK: It's Kalissa, right?

PATRICK: I guess you're coming to a certain conclusion... You're not going to be leaving here. It's okay that you're scared. See, contrary to traditional culinary practices, it actually tastes better for someone like me when the killer's been frightened.

PATRICK: Look at me, Kalissa...

PATRICK: Open your eyes.

PATRICK: Kalissa, open your eyes!

PATRICK: Okay, wait! Stop! The Deadpool's over! You're not going to get paid. It's over.

DEATON: I'm not here to kill you, Patrick. I'm taking you back to Eichen House, where they know all about your... culinary practices.

KALISSA: Are you... Are you a cop?

DEATON: Veterinarian.

EICHEN HOUSE

FENRIS: While I'm relieved to have Patrick back in our care, I still need to advise you against doing this, Alan. There's a reason this floor isn't listed in the brochure.

DEATON: I came through on my end of our bargain-- now it's your turn. All I want to do is talk to him.

FENRIS: The last person that went in to see Valack left the room, but not the building. All they did was talk.

DEATON: I'll keep that in mind.

DEATON: Dr. Valack?

VALACK: You must be important. They normally don't let people get this close.

VALACK: They let me read. Unfortunately, all I get are these trashy romance novels. I've read this one seven times.

DEATON: I was hoping we could talk. My name is Dr. Alan Deaton.

VALACK: Oh, I know your specialty, Dr. Deaton... And I know it's not cats and dogs.

DEATON: I'm here because of what you know about South American mythology.

VALACK: No-- you want to know about Kate Argent. You want to know about La Loba, the Bone Woman.

DEATON: I need to know what she did to Derek Hale...

DEATON: And if he's dying.

VALACK: Why?

DEATON: Because of a promise I made... to a woman I loved.

VALACK: Maybe you should write romance novels. If you want to know more, Dr. Deaton you have to come closer.

DEATON: I've been advised against that. I only want to talk-- to hear what you know.

VALACK: You need to see what I know. You do that by getting closer.

DEATON: I don't know much about trephination, but I'm relatively certain that just because you drilled a hole in your own head, it doesn't mean you've somehow gifted yourself with extra-sensory perception.

VALACK: Come a little closer. Take a look for yourself.

VALACK: That's it. Come and have a look.

VALACK: Come on...

MCCALL HOUSE

SCOTT: Hey sorry I'm back so late. I was closing up at the animal clinic. I got more hours to earn a little extra...