➸ twenty: on thin ice

The gif above is basically what Caroline wants to do to Grace. Just saying.

« i am an invisible girl who falls for boys that shine like stars. »

If there was one thing that I had learned in my entire life, it's that when you're faced with a problem you can do two things - either ignore it or face it. I often chose to do the former but sometimes - most of the times - I simply couldn't ignore the problems. And when that happened, I had no other choice but to face it.

It would be rather rude and impolite of me to call Fiona Hall a problem but since I'm both rude and impolite, I chose to call her one. Because she was a problem.

However, when it came to Daniel Baker, the whole world seemed to be a problem for me.

By the way Daniel was looking at Fiona at the moment, it seemed like she was a problem for him too. And unlike me, he chose to face it - or, her.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He almost spat.

Fiona tucked a piece of her curly blonde hair behind her ear nervously. She then licked her lips and said in a low voice, "Your dad wanted to visit you. And - and Damon asked me to come with him."

Daniel snorted and asked, "So what, are you two a thing now?"

"My dear brother, always so naïve," a boy - most probably Damon who was most probably Daniel's big brother - spoke from somewhere behind us and then emerged from behind a tree. I wanted to ask him what he was doing behind a tree but I never got the chance to. "We were always a thing."

Damon smiled ruefully at Daniel and held eye contact with him for a few seconds before his eyes finally landed on me.

His eyes widened dramatically while I held in my urge to laugh at his face.

I was pretty sure that Damon remembered me all too well since just last summer, he had followed Jayne inside our house like a little puppy.

Damon and Jayne had met during junior year at a boot camp. Jayne was just as bitchy back then and had done everything in her power to bring his huge ego down. Damon had become a victim of the cliché where the hot guy falls for the girl who hates his gut and had worshiped my sister since then.

Jayne had finally accepted his request and agreed to date him last summer. She broke up with him after three days.

But even after the breakup, Damon Baker was still wrapped around Jayne's finger. She could still play with him if she wanted to.

After Daniel told me about how Fiona had cheated on him, I had led myself to believe that there was absolutely nothing I could do to make him feel better. But now, I realized that I could make Daniel feel better.