➸ twelve: a kiss with a fist

 ⋜ for a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen : a gaseous nebula must collapse.

so collapse.

crumble.

this is not your destruction.

this is your birth. 

A/N: Dedicated to Alexia for the amazing banner on the sidebar - - - > <33 

 [ needs major editing. i was clearly drunk out of my mind while writing this chapter. ]

I often wish that there was a rulebook for falling in love. Like, something to warn us if the person we thought we were falling in love with wasn't the right person or that there was someone else who we're supposed to be with. Anything, anything to prevent our hearts from breaking because of the wrong person.

Have you ever imagined what it would be like if our life was planned out beforehand and laid down before us? We wouldn't have to worry about anything because if something bad were to happen tomorrow, we could always save the day and prevent that bad thing from happening. I, for instance, would give anything in this entire world to go back to that day when I saw Grace and Ashton on that couch - kissing. I wouldn't go to Grace's house and that would save my heart from the terrible terrible heartache that it had to go through. 

That's what I keep thinking nowadays. If I wouldn't have seen them kissing, how my life would've turned out. But then again, I sometimes wonder what my reaction would have been if it was the new me dealing with them kissing. The 'new me' probably would've barged in on them and snapped both their heads off. You see what a mean disposition I have.

To recapitulate, I am happy that that didn't happen because I could be a million things but never a murderer. Never. It is great fun to imagine all those things though. 

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't - like me - dwell over the past. Unfortunately, owing to circumstances being beyond our control, sometimes we can't help but think about the past. If I need to open up frankly - everything I do, I relate myself to my past. The past, if I were to call it. The past that changed every single figment of the future. The past that changed me and my whole life. 

The past that broke me apart and managed to build me up into someone much much more stronger.

It was funny how Derek and Jayne had just two days left before they had to go back to their colleges and they were still trying their best to avoid any form of conversation with each other.

On Friday evening, someone rang the door bell and Derek shouted, "I'll get it!" 

It was obvious that he meant it for someone who wasn't Jayne. However, Jayne caught this as an amazing moment to irritate Derek so she shouted back, "Will you get it?"

"I said I'm getting it!"

"Fine, I'll get it," Jayne shouted.

Derek finally got some brains and decided to just ignore her. I was with the triplets and Daniel in the theater room, playing dumb charades but right now we were actually giggling after hearing the two siblings' conversation. That was, to be frank, the only form of conversation for the last two weeks between them.