prom? well something went wrong maddy perez

smut warning

smut warning

MONDAY, 7:45 AM.

Y/n smiled inwardly, quite content with himself as he stared down at the small pink box in his hands, nerves filling his figure as the school grew nearer and nearer.

The pink-tinted clear window on top of the box allowed him to peek at the four doughnuts inside, each decorated intricately with icing and edible glitter and pearls. The pastries, themselves were simple, but the pink frosting was embroidered with white and purple, each adorning a single letter to spell out the big question that Y/n was about to propose to his girlfriend.

To be completely honest, Y/n hadn't been planning on asking Maddy to prom. he was under the impression that the two had an unspoken understanding that, as a couple, he and Maddy would already be going together. Not to mention, that Maddy had already been planning their campaign to be the first prom king and Queen at East Highland.

Then, as the two curled into Maddy's pink comforter after a very energetic "workout," Maddy once again brought up what sort of posters and campaign strategies they would need to work on, and demanded that they would need to start coordinating outfits and makeup during the weeks leading up to prom.

"Of course, it will have to wait until after you ask me," Maddy had hummed, lifting her fingertips away from Y/n's bare waist as she propped herself up on her elbow, "So when are you going to do that?"

Y/n laid there quietly for a few moments, "Uh, I thought we were already going together?"

Maddy laughed, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, "We are, but you've still gotta ask me."

"Okay," Y/n sat up, leaning his body closer to Maddy's so their faces were mere inches away, "Maddy Perez, love of my life, apple of my eye, would you do the honour of accompanying me, your loving, devoted boyfriend, to prom?"

"Cute, but no." Maddy smirked, speaking quietly before pressing a quick kiss against Y/n's lips, climbing out of the bed, and crossing over to the bathroom, "Bitch, you have to ask me at school, make it public."

Y/n rolled his eyes, following after his girlfriend as he turned the shower on, squealing in surprise as Y/n hugged his arms tightly around her waist, attacking her neck with soft bites and kisses.

So the next morning, Y/n called in the order to have the doughnuts made and decorated for Monday, and he would ask his girlfriend to prom as publicly as possible.

Y/n's eyes were drawn to Maddy immediately. She had this presence that always made Y/n aware of when she  was near, not to mention her bright blue outfit and glittery makeup. Y/n chewed his lip, pausing to fix her hair in the reflection of the trophy case as she began down the hall, heart rate rising as she approached her.

"Will you go to prom with me?"

Y/n craned her neck, finding a couple standing across from Maddy's locker, a large box of decorated cupcakes in his hands that spelled out the word 'PROM,' Y/n's jaw fell slack, eyes turning to Maddy, who watched on with raised brows.