betrayed cassie howard

"How long have you been fucking nate jacobs?"

rue asked head tilted to the side, Your gaze moved from Rue to Cassie a look of shock on her face and you watched the tears fall down her face.

guilty.

You looked over at Lexi who was standing beside you, her eyes full of pity.

"cass?"

she looked away from maddy to look at you her bottom lip quivering in a pout "y/n..." tears filled your eyes and you shook your head, Cassie's brows furrowed and she looked away from you trying not to cry.

"rue when was this?"

"right after new years" she said, maddy scoffed and cassie shook her head. Your breath was caught in your throat.

a month.

"You dumb fucking bitch! I'm gonna fuck you up-"

Cassie jogged away up the stairs and Maddy ran after her and you followed behind Kat who was chasing Maddy.

you were in shock, Cassie had been your girlfriend for over a year and a month of that had been a lie, this was why cassie had been growing distant she was falling out of love with you and in love with nate.

When you got to the bedroom Maddy was beating on the door.

"open the fucking door cassie" maddy said and she started crying, after a few minutes of maddy trying to get cassie to come out kat was able to get maddy to leave and then you walked over to the door.

then you knocked.

"Cassie?"

the only response you got was a sniffle

"please just come out" you said jiggling the doorknob in your hand.

"cassie please" you said starting to cry

"why would you do this Cassie? After everything we've been through?" your voice cracked and you shook your head in confusion.

she didn't respond and you knew she wouldn't. she was a coward, too scared to take responsibility for her own actions.

You beat on the door roughly "cassie!" you screamed and you could hear her sobbing on the other side of the door "was it worth it cassie? did fucking some guy who calls you a slut behind your back make you happy?" you yelled.

"please just go away" she said

"after what he did to maddy? you're fucking pathetic" you said wiping the tears off your cheeks.

"leave me alone" she sobbed

You knew she wouldn't apologize to you for what she had done, she'd never talk to you again just so she could be with Nate.

you leaned your head against the door and broke down, things would never be the same.

the cassie you loved was gone.