five

05. Reality Bites Me

After finding A's message on Spencer's mirror, the group of five friends decided to spend the night at the Hastings manor.

"A sent this letter to our mom" Aria informed the girls, sitting on the couch, the letter A sent Ella in her hand.

"You know it's not your fault, right?" Emily told Aria, she then turned to Daniella, who was sitting between her and Hanna on the kitchen counter, while Spencer took food out of the fridge, "Either of you, it's your dad's mistake, totally".

"No, it is our fault" Aria insisted.

"No Aria, it isn't" Daniella said, "We were just trying to protect our family from falling apart".

"Exactly" Spencer agreed, "And none of you two hooked up with her and then asked your kid to cover for you".

"Ali said we should've told our mom right after it happened" Aria said.

"Ali?" Emily asked shocked, "Alison knew?".

"Ali was with me and Aria when we saw our dad with Meredith" Daniella replied, taking a sip of her tea.

"So Alison saw this Meredith person?" Spencer asked.

"Meredith?" Hanna asked amused, "Her name is Meredith? Eww, that's not even a cute girl name, I'm seeing big pores and mousy roots".

"Hanna, I think it's a little too soon to joke" Spencer warned.

"No, please do joke" Daniella said, "It will make me less stressed".

"See?" Hanna told Spencer, who just shook her head at the two girls, "And I'm sorry, but if you're gonna cheat you might as well do it with somebody who deep conditions her hair occasionally".

"Here, put something in your mouth besides your foot" Spencer said, handing Hanna a bagel, though Daniella found Hanna's words amusing, it was clear Aria did not.

"I want one too" Daniella said.

"Here" Spencer said, handing Daniella a bagel, making her smile.

Hanna turned to Aria, "I'm sorry, okay?" she said, "Look, all I'm saying is that when my dad left, laughing sometimes helped, so did crying".

Daniella suddenly put her bagel down and looked at her friends in shock, "Wait, you guys think our dad is going to leave us?" she asked.

"Yeah, I mean this happened over a year ago" Aria added.

The sisters looked at their friends expression and realisation crossed their faces, "You guys really think he is going to leave" Daniella whispered.

"Look, whatever happens, we're here for you both" Emily assured, making both Daniella and Aria give her a small smile.

"Thank you, guys, for staying here" Spencer suddenly said, "I couldn't have been here alone".

"When's your family getting back?" Hanna asked.

"This afternoon" Spencer replied.