three

03. Kingdom Of The Blind

The five friends, stood in the school courtyard, watching Jenna pretend to read braille.

Hanna scoffed, "God, what a performance" she said.

"Can you imagine faking it for so long?" Emily asked.

"The question is why is she faking it?" Daniella wondered, "What the hell is she planning?".

"Well, that's what your sister is going to find out" Spencer replied, she then turned to Aria, "She trusts you, or at least she wants you to think that she does".

"Great, that--that's awesome" Aria said, clearly not happy with this plan.

"Hey, I'll trade you Mona for Jenna" Hanna offered.

"I'll add Noel to the offer for free" Daniella added.

"No, thanks" Aria said, rather go to Jenna then Mona and Noel.

"I think I felt safer when Mona and Noel weren't talking" Emily said.

"There she goes" Spencer pointed out, the girls watched as Jenna stood up and using her stick started away.

"We should push a table infront of her and see what happens" Hanna suggested.

"God Hanna, you have all the subtlety of a hand grenade" Spencer said.

"Thank you" Hanna said, taking that as a compliment.

Daniella chuckled and looped her arm with Hanna's, "Did I ever tell you that you're my favorite human being ever?".

"You did now" Hanna said, smiling at her best friend who gladly smiled back.

***

"Has your mom said anything to you about taking Garrett's case?" a curious Emily asked, as the five girls now walked together down the crowded school hallway.

"Not yet, but Melissa's coming home tomorrow, so she'll probably tell both of us at the same time" Spencer replied, "Because that's how it works in my family, we keep the one-on-ones to a minimum".

The five girls stopped walking when their eyes landed on their vice principal walking behind an clearly angry looking Lucas.

"You're not helping yourself, Mr. Gottesman, this all goes on your permanent record!".

Lucas simply flipped the principal off and kept walking, he stopped when he came across the girls, after giving Hanna a slightly panicked look, he quickly rushed away, after exchanging a worried look with her friends, Hanna rushed after Lucas, wanting to make sure he was okay, while the other girls looked at each other, all wondering what the hell is going on with Lucas.

***

Next day, the five girls sat together in the cafeteria, Aria telling them what Jenna told her.

"Look it in the eye?" Spencer asked.

"That's what she said" Aria confirmed.