eleven

11. Single Fright Female

"Spence, don't just stand there, I called you here for help, not for you to stare at me!" a panicked Daniella said, "None of my dresses are covering my wound!".

"Well, Dani, if you just wait until your mom goes to work, then we don't have to sneak around" Spencer suggested.

"Spencer, use that Hastings brain of yours and remember that my mom is a teacher at Rosewood High" Daniella reminded, "I can't let her see my open wound and worry about me".

"I thought you said Wren stitched it up" a confused Spencer said.

"He did stitch it up but he also said that I have to let it breathe otherwise it's going to get infected" Daniella informed, walking over to her closet and pulling out a long brown skirt.

"Woah, where did you get that?" an amused Spencer asked.

"It's not mine, it's Hanna's from eighth grade" Daniella informed, wearing the skirt and tucking her t-shirt dress in.

"Did it come with castanets?" Spencer asked, "And why did Hanna give it to you?".

"She gave it to me because she wanted to get rid of all evidence of her playing the peasant lady in mamma mia" Daniella informed, "Can you help me pin this?".

"I don't remember Hanna in mamma mia" a confused Spencer said, grabbing some pins from Daniella's vanity.

"Good, because Hanna will murder anyone who remembers" Daniella said, as Spencer walked behind her and helped pin her skirt, "She hates remembering that play, she had to stand next to a cardboard goat".

As Spencer was laughing, her attention went on Daniella's phone that was currently ringing, picking it up from her bed, she was kind of shocked seeing Wren's name, "Um, Wren is calling you" she informed Daniella, handing her the phone.

Daniella let out a frustrated sigh, she grabbed her phone from Spencer, and after pressing the decline button, threw her phone back on the bed.

"Why don't you wanna talk to him?" a confused Spencer asked, but Daniella stayed quiet and simply kept trying to adjust her outfit in the mirror, "What's going on with you and Wren?".

"Nothing that's worth repeating" Daniella simply said.

"Daniella" Spencer called out, but Daniella ignored her and kept trying to fix her outfit, "Dani, come on, look at me", Spencer walked infront of Daniella, "Okay, I know that A has made it incredibly hard for you and Jason".

"A hasn't made it hard for me and Jason, Spencer, A has made it impossible for me and Jason" Daniella retorted.

"So, what, is Wren moving in?" a curious Spencer asked, "Look, I know that he can be persuasive, I mean, the dimples, the accent--".

"Spence, please just let it go" Daniella interrupted, "I really don't want to talk about Wren".

"You are not the first girl to fall for downtown grabby" Spencer said, "Hello, I've been there".

"There's only one guy I've fallen for and that is your half brother, not your sister's ex-fiance" a now annoyed Daniella snapped.