seven

07. Surface Tension

"I thought you were getting your own room" a confused Aria told Emily, as all the girls gathered in Hanna's kitchen to help Emily move in as she had finally convinced her mother to let her stay in Rosewood while she stayed with her father in Texas.

"That was before the pipes went off behind the walls" Emily said, taking her cup of coffee from Hanna.

"They had to fix the pipes and put the wall back in" Hanna informed, "So, we're roomies till then".

"It'll be fun" Emily said, smiling at the Marin girl.

"I know, it's gonna be like a sleepover that never ends" a excited Hanna said.

"Has Garrett called you abouts Ian's messenger?" a curious Spencer asked Emily.

Emily shook her head, "Not a sound" she replied.

Daniella sighed, "As much as I don't like the guy, we dragged him into our mess once again, the least we can do is trust that he has our back" she said.

"We're trusting him with Ian's $10,000, and I could've used some of that to replace Melissa's ring" Spencer retorted.

"And if they traced the money from Ian to you?" a concerned Hanna asked, "How would you explain that?".

"I just don't like waiting" Spencer defended, "If we're too quiet, A will get bored and stir the pot".

"And if we say something, A is gonna smack us down" Hanna retorted, "I don't wanna walk into another A-stravaganza like that fashion show".

"God, the look on Mrs. DiLaurentis's face" Emily reminded, shaking her head at the memory of the distraught mother.

The doorbell ringing caught the five girls attention, as Hanna went to go see who it was, Aria turned to her friends.

"This isn't just about making us look like bitches anymore, is it?" Aria asked, pouring herself more coffee.

"No, it's about keeping us quiet" Spence replied.

"Yeah, but why?" Daniella asked confused, "What would A get by keeping us quiet?".

"Because A might really be the one who killed Ali" Emily replied, "I mean, that's what we're all thinking, isn't it?".

"Why else go through all the trouble of setting up Ian?" Spencer asked.

"You guys" a worried Hanna called out, walking back into the kitchen with a basket full of goodies, "Look at the card".

Emily took the card out of the basket and started reading it, "What fun, two little liars under one roof, you're making it so easy, A".

Hanna looked at the candy A sent them, "It's not even good candy" she complained, making Daniella chuckle, while the rest of the girls looked at each other in concern, wondering what was A going to do this time.

***

Daniella stood infront of her wardrobe, rummaging through the various dresses she had.