sixteen

16. Je Suis Une Amie

Daniella ran around her room, gathering her things for school.

"So it's just gonna be you, Aria and Mike tonight and Mike wants to order in from Sausage Heaven" Bryon informed, standing at Daniella's door.

Daniella groaned in annoyance, "That place is disgusting" she complained, zipping her bag up.

Byron chuckled, "Look, just tell Mike that it's your night to pick, okay?" he suggested.

"So, you're definitely not eating with us?" Aria asked, existing her room and walking over to her father.

"Uh, no, no, I've got this thing" Byron said, "It's with the head of the department and dinner's included, so, have a great day sweethearts".

After Byron walked downstairs, Daniella suddenly remembered that they still didn't have his pledge for the dance marathon, "Aria, pledge" Daniella reminded.

"Oh yeah, dad!" Aria yelled, "We need your pledge for the dance marathon, the deadline's today".

"Oh, oh right, that's right" Byron remembered, "Uh, my checkbook is in my jacket in the hall".

Aria walked over to her father's jacket and started rummaging in the pockets, when suddenly her hands landed on a ticket which was to the same opening night at the museum her and Ezra had gone to.

"You find it?" Byron asked, as Daniella came out of her room.

"What?" Aria asked, startled finding in the ticket in her father's pocket, "Um, yeah".

"Great" Byron said, walking over to his daughters.

"Dad, what's this?" Aria asked.

Daniella glanced at what was in Aria's hands, and immediately her eyes went wide seeing the familiar ticket.

"Well, that's a ticket" Byron replied, "Uh, for the museum".

"Is it yours?" Aria asked, while Daniella wondered if their father had seen Aria with their english teacher, but then shook her head, realising if he had and then things wouldn't be this calm.

"No, no, it's, uh, it's your mother's" Byron informed, "Her car broke down and she needed to borrow mine, to get there".

"So mom was at the museum's opening night?" Daniella asked shocked.

Byron nodded, "Yeah" he replied, "I mean, I think so, you know, actually, you two should really just talk to your mom about that", Byron handed Daniella the check, "Here you go".

"Thanks" Daniella said, giving her father a small smile, after Byron had walked away Daniella turned to Aria, "You better hope mom didn't make it to that opening night and if she did, hope that she didn't see you and Mr. Fitz together otherwise you are screwed".

***

After arriving at school, Daniella and Aria walked over to Hanna who was lining up to get coffee.

"Hey" Aria greeted the Marin girl.

"Hey! Cute boots, new?" Hanna asked.