twenty five

25. unmAsked

Aria, Daniella, Spencer, Hanna and Emily sat in the Hastings kitchen, watching the news about Garrett.

"One week after his arrest, Reynolds pled not guilty to the charge of Alison DiLaurentis's murder, however prosecutors remain confident with their case, Rosewood PD's working theory is that Reynolds became a police officer to destroy evidence that linked him to the murder scene, investigators received a break in the case when that document was recovered".

"That must be page five of Ali's autopsy report" Hanna connected.

"Garret took it but somebody gave it back" Emily said.

"My mom is friends with the prosecutor" Spencer informed, "That somebody was Jenna".

Daniella sighed, "Does all this mean that Ali can finally rest now?" she asked.

"Or is two down and two to go?" Hanna wondered, making the girls look at her in confusion, wondering what she was on about, "Ian's dead, Garret's in jail, Melissa and Jenna were in Ali's room that night too, they may not have killed Ali, but, they're definitely guilty of something".

The girls conversation came to a half when they heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen, turning to the entrance they saw Melissa entering.

"Love gone wrong" Melissa said, her eyes on the photo of Garrett on the TV.

Spencer switched the TV off and turned to her sister, confusion evident on her face, "What are you talking about?".

"I knew Ian didn't kill Alison and you five can keep a secret but you don't have the constitution for murder" Melissa let out a small chuckle, her eyes then landed on Aria's uneaten frozen yogurt, "Are you gonna eat that?" she asked, a confused Aria simply slid her frozen yogurt over to the pregnant Hasting, "Thanks" Melissa said, before continuing the conversation, "I know how Jenna Marshall went blind and so did Garrett, if he killed Alison it's because he thought she deserved it", Melissa ate a spoon of frozen yogurt, "Mmm, is this peanut butter?" she asked Aria.

"Toffee" Aria clarified.

"Mmm, it is good" Melissa praised, "Thanks".

The girls watched as Melissa walked out the Hastings house, after she was gone, Hanna turned to her to friends, "She definitely knows about the Jenna thing" she said, just as all their phone started beeping together.

"You still have something that belongs to me" Emily read out the text all the girls got, "Bring it, or one of you leaves in a body bag, A".

"A has to be talking about her phone" Hanna realised, as the bell to the Hasting's manor rang and Spencer stood up to see who it was.

"You still have it locked in your closet, right?" Emily asked Hanna.

"Yes" Hanna assured.

"A mentioning body bags makes me very nervous and very sick" Daniella said.

"Guys, it was a messenger" Spencer informed, walking back into the kitchen with a envelope in her hand, she then pulled out five smaller envelopes from the larger one and started handing it out to the girls, "Something for each of us".