eight

08. Please, Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone

"I was afraid she wouldn't get it done in time for the memorial" Aria said, as her, Daniella and Spencer pushed a huge wooden box into the Hasting's living room.

"And this was someone from your guys mom's gallery?" Hanna asked, sitting on the couch.

"Yeap" Daniella replied.

"Where is your mom?" Emily asked curiously.

"There's an apartment above the gallery so she's staying there, for now" Aria replied.

"Kind of weird, isn't it?" Hanna asked, "Your mom moving out".

"Yeah, like my dad should have left" Aria snapped, "That's what you'd expect".

"Aria" Daniella warned, "She's not wrong, dad should have been the who moved out, not mom, he was the one who cheated, it's because of him our family is in this mess".

"Are you ever going to forgive him?" Aria asked.

"No" Daniella replied.

"I don't get it, if you can forgive Jason, why can't you forgive dad?" Aria snapped, in her frustration not realising what she had blurted out, but the other girls had, causing them to look at the two sisters in confusion.

"Jason?" Spencer asked, looking between the two sisters in suspicion, "As in Ali's brother, Jason?".

Aria, finally realising what she said, looking at her friends wide eyed, she then looked at twin sister, who was glaring at her, "Dani I--".

"Don't" Daniella interrupted, "Don't say anything else, you've said enough, Aria".

"What's going on here?" Emily asked confused.

"Dani, what did you forgive Jason for?" Spencer asked curiously.

"It's doesn't matter, Spence, whatever it was, it's old news now" Daniella replied, not wanting to tell everyone about her and Jason, Daniella then turned to her sister, who was giving her an apologetic look, "And just so you know Aria, I haven't forgiven Jason either".

"You're hiding something" Spencer said, while Hanna looked at Daniella, wondering if the Montgomery girl was ever going to come clean about her and Jason.

"Spence, please" Daniella pleaded, "Leave it, I don't want to talk about Jason right now".

"So there is something to talk about?" Spencer asked, "Come on Dani, we're your best friends, tell us".

"That's exactly why I can't tell you guys!" Daniella snapped.

"What do you mean?" Emily asked confused.

"If I tell you about me and Jason, then I'm scared you guys are going to look at me differently" Daniella replied, slumping on the couch.

"Dani, we would never do that" Hanna said, "We're your best friends, we would never judge you".

"Dani, I think it's time you tell them" Aria said, "It's time they know, they can help you face Jason when he comes to Ali's memorial".