Chapter One || The New Vigilante

(No pov)
-Four years later-

Siren stood on the edge of a building. The night air was cool as the wind blew around lightly and ruffled his feathers nicely. The city's light were lit up, slightly illuminating the dim streets.

He breathed in the air and sighed contently, his patrol was almost over, he had plans for the evening. Plans of annoying his brothers and texting his boyfriend all night.

Years ago, he had dreamed of being in the top five heroes, and now he was! He was now tied with his brother for second best hero. It was one of his best achievements probably ever.

His power came in handy a lot as well, he could control people with the commands of his voice. It was quite useful for arresting people, interrogations, and calming people after the more extreme crimes.

A few months after the death of Zero, Siren's father had decided to adopt someone new. He decided to adopt a twelve year old blond named Tommy.

Tommy was always energetic and eager to learn, he was always willing to help others and was very kind. He, much like Phil, was an avian as well. He sadly didn't have wings, when Tommy was very young his original house burnt down, his tiny wings had been so damaged and burnt that they had to be amputated. He still had his bird-like brain though.

Tommy had also not gained any powers overtime. It saddened him greatly to not be able to join his family as a hero, but he ever so slowly got over it.

Now, Tommy was sixteen and constantly home alone, his family was too busy and he graduated high school early. He climbed trees a lot and was constantly picking up hobbies to try and fill his void of loneliness.

In the distance, Wilbur saw someone in a black hoodie flipping and jumping from building to building.

The stranger occasionally used bursts of red energy to keep himself in the air, curious, Wilbur began to approach the figure.

The figure slowed to a stop as they noticed Siren chasing them. The turned around and tensed as the hero halted on the opposite end of the building from them.

Siren wore a black trench coat with a yellow sweater underneath, holes were cut in the back of his clothes to fit his large brown wings. He had dark protective pants with light boots, around his waist was also a belt that had the power-dampening wristbands, throwing knives, and his earpiece.

A black masquerade mask with gold trim covered his eyes, he wore a golden choker-like device on his neck that changed his voice to make it louder and more distorted.

"Who're you?" Siren asked immediately and held his wings up to show a sign of I'm-not-going-hurt-you, the masked person froze for a second before taking hesitant steps away from Siren.

The person wore a black hoodie with rose red and leaf green stripes on the sleeves (the hood was up), they wore black cargo pants with red and white runners, they had a red bandana with white thread covering their mouth and black sunglasses. They had black fingerless gloves and a thinner, silver version of the voice-changer that Siren had.

"I- um, Mellohi." They said, their voice was crackly and robotic as they continued stepping away from Siren, they must've had an older model of the voice-changer.

Siren narrowed his eyes, "Hero's license? Unauthorized heroes are illegal. Or are you a vigilante? Those are also illegal." Siren said seriously, Mellohi cleared their throat before snorting in amusement.

"I am well aware of the law, bitch, and I don't have a license because I am not a hero. I'm a... vigilante, you could say." Mellohi stated proudly with a crackly laugh.