Chapter Eighteen || The End

(No pov)
!!Fighting, injury, slight blood!!

Wilbur was finally ready for the final battle, the one where he arrested Dream.

It'd taken a few days, sure, Dream and him and regained new trust and did many things together, but Wilbur was ready and had his information.

He knew where Sam and Tubbo were located, he hadn't seen them, but he knew where they were. Phil had told him that Punz was ready to set all of the captives free, they were just waiting for Wilbur's signal.

Wilbur awoke that day and held Dream extra tight in his arms, his boyfriend had laughed before asking him what was wrong, "Nothing, love," Wilbur had replied, "Just excited for a new day." He'd said.

Dream took the lie and cuddled in closer, Wilbur had smiled. Hours later, they actually got up and began their day. It was Wilbur's turn to cook breakfast- they had a system in place- and he'd cooked him the best meal he knew.

Dream complimented the food as he ate, again, questioning what was going on, "I just felt like you deserved something fancy this morning." He'd lied. Dream took it without suspicion.

They'd walked through the Temple halls for awhile after that, stopping at the large, ballroom-like room where Dream had revealed himself because Dream had to excuse himself for a bit.

It was then when Wilbur pressed the button, twice, just to be sure.

He waited and waited, he'd been wearing his hero's clothes beneath his regular ones, so he quickly discarded his old ones as he waited for Punz to release everyone.

Soon enough, Wilbur heard footsteps approaching from the hallway, he turned his head to see the rescued hero's plus Sam, Tubbo, and an unfamiliar blond- Wilbur figured that they were Punz.

Punz had medium-length hair the colour of sand, his eyes were icy blue and his lips were drawn in a thin line. They wore a white hoodie with two black lines on the sleeves, he also had a large gold medallion hanging around his neck. They also had dark blue pants with white runners.

"Good afternoon, Siren, I assume." Punz greeted with a nod, "I heard that you're taking Dream down today, right?" He asked, Wilbur nodded.

"He should be here soon anyway, I think we should get ready now." Wilbur spoke as he turned to Sam and Tubbo, "What is Dream preparing to build?" He asked.

The past-prisoners exchanged anxious looks before Tubbo spoke, "It's an unstable power suppressor, one large enough to contain the entire city's powers, but to also wipe the entire city out if it malfunctions." Tubbo explained hesitantly, everyone shifted, horrified, "We couldn't find a way to stabilize it." He added.

Sam nodded, "We've built override codes in, though. Dream doesn't know about them, but he moved the suppressor somewhere else in this Temple." Sam informed them, Wilbur sighed and nodded.

"Okay, so we find the machine, shut it down, and arrest Dream somewhere along the timeline?" Wilbur asked, everyone nodded.

No one had time speak up again before footsteps echoed the hall beyond the dais, where Shift had made their first appearance.

"Wilbur! You would not believe what I just fou-" Dream entered the room excitedly and ran onto the daze, his excitement came to a halt once he saw all the heroes standing on the other side of the room.

"-nd." He trailed off and dropped his arms to his side, "Wilbur..? What's going on?" He asked with a hesitant step back, betrayal was clear in his eyes. Siren took a deep breath and stepped forward, he saw Punz slip back into a doorway he came from.