Chapter Three || Mellohi Reappears

(No pov)

-Two weeks later-

Wilbur had been acting different ever since that strange criminal mentioned Shift all those weeks ago, he'd been more distant and started to take more patrols and other missions.

No one knew why he had started doing it, but to Wilbur, it was the thought of being too weak to protect his family, his boyfriend, and his city.

After all, wasn't it his job? Shouldn't he be one of the strongest heroes? Was he failing his city? A simple criminal nearly managed to break his voice-changer, was he too weak to even protect himself?

He knew that everyone had noticed his new attitude and slightly different personality- his family had been trying to keep him away from his patrols as well! Wilbur took great offense to that, didn't they want him to be the best that he could be? Didn't they want safety as well? Wilbur could potentially find Shift and everything would be alright again!

It was angering, that's what it was! His family thinking they could keep him from his job, all their attempts weren't any good anyway. It was annoying and angering nonetheless though.

Dream had also sent him quite a few messages saying how his knew attitude was unhealthy and that it was hurting him to see Wilbur like this.

It was all about protection now, wasn't it? It was all about seeing Dream again and finding Shift, wasn't it? Wilbur was going insane, his thoughts confused him and he became obsessed over the idea of safety, happiness, and finding Shift.

I mean- if he spent more time protecting- Gods, he was beginning to hate that word- the city now, Dream should be happy! He could return to Wilbur soon and they would never be apart!

Dream never saw it that way though.

No one did.

Not a single soul.

And it pissed Wilbur off.

_____________________________

Siren stood on the edge of a building, as usual due to his new schedule. He was rarely home now, and even then he was training and researching.

Siren let out a frustrated sigh, everyone was being do annoying, they didn't see the clear facts that if you took more patrols then the city would be safer! Wouldn't that be good?

Granted, his organized sleep schedule had shifted a lot and he was currently surviving off of a shit load of coffee, espressos, and other types of caffeine.

...

Yeah that probably wasn't the healthiest.

Another downside from his absolute genius sleep schedule was that he now had dark eye-bags and had very little patience, you could tell that he hadn't had a good night's rest in days, if not weeks.

It was dark out now. Siren couldn't wait to go home and get the few minutes of rest only to leave the next day, maybe he had time to talk to Dream? Or get actual food?

Siren couldn't remember, he looked up and scanned his vision across the rooftops, a familiar silhouette caught his eye. Siren shook his head before running towards them.

Mellohi stopped once he noticed the approaching hero, he instead just sat on the edge of the building and faced Siren.

Siren stopped on the opposite edge of the building, Mellohi looked up at him and snorted in amusement.