Chapter Eight || The New Scientist and New Leads

(No pov)
(One week later)

Wilbur was quite excited for work today, he thought as he approached the newly repaired Tech Lab.

A day or so after he'd met up with Dream, he'd went to Sam, the lead tech designer, and proposed his idea for Dream to help him with inventions.

Sam dwelled on that thought for a few seconds before agreeing and telling Wilbur what days Dream could come in for a day trial or something. Wilbur happily passed the message along to Dream and both embraced excitedly.

The next day Dream went to the lab and met Sam, the trial went well, he was told, and today was his love's first official day as a scientist in the lab.

And Wilbur was also supposed to be helping Sam with certain experiments and such! So he can do work while seeing Dream! An absolutely stunning work day, he thought.

Wilbur parked his car before getting out, grabbing his bag and hurrying into the building. He knew that he was on time but he still wanted to be early.

He strolled into the lobby and up to the front desk, "Good morning, Sally." He greeted the familiar salmon hybrid, they were in the same high school and were acquainted briefly.

Sally had long, curly, bright red hair and always had a strand of it in her face, she had bright green eyes and freckles dusting her nose, cheeks, and slightly pointed ears with hanging sea-glass earrings. She wore a white dress shirt and black jeans with a pair of converse. She always had a few rings on as well as her pearl necklace.

"Morning, Siren. ID?" She greeted as she looked at him from the computer. Wilbur took his Hero's ID out of his pocket and showed her the card.

"Alright, testing and theory, room 208 on the second floor. You are a bit early, as always." She told him after scanning it, he slid the ID back into his wallet before thanking her and heading to the elevator.

He waited and tapped his feet impatiently as the elevator slowly climbed up to the second floor, it dinged and the doors opened. Wilbur quickly walked down the hall and eventually reached Room 208.

He heard sounds from behind the door, voices, footsteps, machinery and tools. Wilbur took a deep breath before knocking. A few rustling sounds were heard before the door opened, revealing Dream in a flipped up welder's mask.

His eyes lit up, "Wilbur!" He said enthusiastically and hugged the taller, "Dream!" Wilbur responded, matching his energy, and returning the hug.

When the two separated and entered the room, Wilbur looked around and took the giant room in.

It was huge yet spacious, the wall were pure white while the floor was black concrete, there was a giant cylinder that took up nearly a quarter of the room, a large screen with four couches and a chair in another corner, and multiple other small machines in the other half of the room along with a closet. There were computers everywhere as well.

When Wilbur was done looking around, he saw that Sam was staring at them with a fond yet unimpressed look in his eyes.

Sam had dyed short green hair with a welder's mask that resembled a Creeper from a book series settled on his head, nearly covering his dark brown eyes. He had a black unzipped sweater with a bright green T-shirt underneath, he wore comfortable black pants with green vans.

Sam was rarely assigned patrols due to his vast knowledge in science and technology, his experiments and inventions helped numerous heroes with tasks and managing their powers while also helping with medical equipment and tracking down criminals, villains, and the occasional vigilante.