Chapter Fourteen || Developments

(No pov)

If you asked Wilbur what happened after the whole Shift-kidnapping-Dream drama, he would go silent and tell you he didn't know. He'd be correct, though! After he collapsed onto the floor, he was practically sleeping with his eyes open.

Phil had calmed the people attending the party down after Shift had disappeared. Sapnap melted the locked garden gates and Phil told everyone to go home and stay safe.

Someone had sat Wilbur down at a table and gave him dome water, he barely registered it though. He drank the water as Phil and the other hero's investigated the garden. Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo helped them but Wilbur stayed completely still.

Eventually, Phil announced that it was late and they should all go home. Wilbur stood up without saying a word and walked to his car, he felt their stares on his back but never turned around.

He eventually opened his car door and sat the driver's seat, he tore off his mask and wiped his eyes before driving away. Tears still ran down his face though, so every few minutes he had wipe his eyes.

Dream was gone. His Dream was gone. His boyfriend was gone, kidnapped, and reliving a nightmare. Wilbur's hands tightened as his pulled into the driveway.

The was a few seconds where Wilbur leaned back and sighed, a few tears left his eyes but it was fine. He was fine. He'd get Dream back. It'd all be fine. It'd all be fine.

Wilbur stepped out of his car before locking it and hurrying into the house. He kicked his shoes away and put his discarded mask with his voice-changer.

Wilbur then walked the quiet halls and up the creaky stairs before heading into his room. His room had a lock that practically went unused, but it was times like these when it came in handy.

Wilbur slid down the side of door and buried his head between his arms and knees. He cried, sobs ripping his chest as he cried his heart away.

Dream was gone.

Wilbur's tears streamed down his cheeks as he slowly got up, he walked over to his dresser and got changed, he threw his fancy clothes into his laundry basket.

Dream was gone

Oh gods- he could've saved him, could he have? Wilbur thought as he collapsed onto his bed, salty tears itched his skin, but he had no desire to wipe them away.

They served as a reminder about what he could've done if he was quick enough, if he was smart enough, if he'd realized sooner. Maybe, maybe, Dream would still be by his side or maybe he'd feel less guilty.

He finally wiped the tears away as he curled up in his blankets, the cool material was comforting to his current mood.

It took him no time at all to fall into a fitful rest.

-The next day-

There was a meeting today, Wilbur thought as he pried his eyelids apart, they refused to open and were exhausted. But, the meeting was regarding the two missing scientists. Dream and Sam.

Wilbur's joints cracked as he stood up, he sighed before getting his hero's outfit on. He knew without checking the time, that the meeting was to start in an hour.

Wilbur knew he looked horrible. His sleep was infected with nightmares, Shift was not the most sane person, if Dream resisted- what would the villain do? Wilbur didn't want to think about it.

He felt the dark circles weigh his eyes down, he felt the red itchiness from crying, and he felt the exhaustion wearing his bones thin.

Wilbur's eyes watered, he just wanted Dream.