Huh..?

(No pov)

He felt weightless. Forgotten. And worry-less.

He was dead, Sapnap knew that the second he opened his eyes to the blinding white light. He held a hand up over his eyes as he adjusted to the brightness, the light felt artificial, like there was no sun.

"Sapnap? Sapnap!" A faint and familiar voice yelled, it sounded like he was underwater, but it slowly got more clear as his vision focused.

"Sapnap, come on! You're normally awake before I am! How is this this any different now that we're dead?" The voice asked- dead? Dead?

How the fuck- he was dead?

Sapnap snapped up when the realization sunk in, he looked at his hands, they looked normal.

He looked at his surroundings, the bright ground resembled grass but was made of soft yellow light, the sky was bright white with light grey fog and purple smears.

He looked around confusedly, he was still wearing his clothes- who was the voice?

"Finally! You're awake!" The voice said cheerfully as they slapped the back of his head, Sapnap turned to see George sitting behind him.

They were wearing normal clothes, like the echo in his ears and abnormally bright surroundings weren't there and they were alive.

"Come on! God wants to see us apparently." George said spookily and wiggled his fingers before he helped Sapnap up, "For sleeping in late? Aren't we dead?" He asked, George nodded.

"Apparently, Dr- his plan worked, it seems." They both winced and looked down as they walked, neither wanted to speak his name.

They walked in silence over hills and through orange lakes, Sapnap was in awe at the sights, what was this place?

The two suddenly stopped, two people greeted them. One floating, one standing.

The floating one had a green cape that billowed in the nonexistent wind, a white mask with a D carved on it kept it from floating away, two giant gold wings crossed over the D to create an X. Two floating white hands stood at their side, six floating white wings floated behind them.

The other figure was disguised completely by a purple cloak, no skin was visible as well as any hint of humanity was seen.

"Greetings, mortals." The floating figure said, their voice was airy yet deep, it carried along like wind despite the lack of air.

"Um, hi?" Sapnap responded while George opted for a friendlier, "Hello." The floating entity laughed with the purple cloak wrinkled as if it was laughing.

"My name is XD, I am Dream's eldest brother. This here is my assistant, Rewind." XD introduced with a wave of their hands, the 'alive' duo stiffened, both at the mention of their killer and of the long dead hero.

"I imagine that you have questions, but we haven't enough time before your memory is eradicated from this loop, so please be quick." The God warned, Sapnap forced himself to breathe in nothing.

"Why are we here?" George asked, XD and Rewind laughed. "Straight to the point, that's a relief." XD spoke. "Rewind, care to explain?"

"Of course, my Lord." Rewind agreed smoothly, "We come with a proposal, to save your memory, history, and ability to let you keep living amongst your mortal friends." He spoke.

"We're facing quite the dilemma, you see, among the timeline and loops. Something has been disturbing it and we need people to help keep the history on track whilst we fix this." Rewind added, XD nodded.

"We need two trustworthy mortals to help preserve the memory of stories to come while withholding the ones of the past. You two seem like the perfect candidates considering your closeness with Dream." XD added, the two heroes winced again at the mention.

"Ah, I see that you are uncomfortable with the mention of his name. That is understandable, the glitch disrupting the loop's peace incinerated the original story and created it's own, one of betrayal and heartbreak." XD added.

"It is why we need help, so, will you assist us?" XD asked, George and Sapnap exchanged looks.

"Yes," they said at the same time.

"If it means that our descendants won't have to suffer like we did, then yes." Sapnap sighed, George nodded.

"Thank you, I understand. I was also murdered for a dumb reason." XD and Rewind laughed at the memory, "I was sacrificed to myself."

George's gaze snapped to the God's, "What?" He asked.

A loud crack was heard then, XD sighed. "It seems we are out of time then." He spoke as the horizon ripped itself apart, "Do not fear, you will survive. Just call out for myself when you need help." XD said as the world cracked again.

George stumbled a bit before regaining his balance again, him and Sapnap exchanged horrified looks before running into each other's arms for comfort.

The two brothers clutched each other tight as the world tore itself apart, tears slipping down each other's face while they made weak attempts to comfort the other.

"Good luck, young mortals."

And then the world went dark again.

(845 words)