Chapter Seven || Forgiveness and Crime(?)

(No pov)
!!Mentions of explosions!!

Wilbur was waiting on a nice bench made of iron and wood in Temple Park, admiring the beauty as it looked prettier in the day time, he noticed. He'd really only seen it at night while he was on patrol.

The garden was a huge plot of land with iron fences around the perimeter, it had bright green grass inside with stone pathways weaving through the tall, dark trees that housed birds and squirrels and to the crystalline lakes, vivid flower beds, and delicately shaped bushes. And in the centre of it all stood the blocked off temple.

The temple was older than recorded history, yet somehow managed to remain in perfect condition, as if it was frozen in time. It was blocked off from the public due to the delicate relics inside, the temple-keeper said that they were too fragile to be touched, let alone for people to pick them up and examine them.

The temple's exterior was made of stone with an dark grey tiled gable roof. The light stone brick of the building bore faint cracks and large windows with curved framed and curved designs in the glass, the door was made of oak wood with dark iron engravings. The pillars that held up the roof had carved bases depicting stories of people facing a great demon time and time again.

The temple was a wonder to anyone and everyone, it's beauty was grand and the mystery as to how it survived in such perfect condition was just as confusing as trying to figure out it's age.

Wilbur's gaze at the temple was unfocused as he tried to remember the previous night's patrol, the details were all unclear in his head.

Last night's patrol was... a mess, to say the least. He remembered bring thrown against a building, but after that it all went dark. He desperately wanted to know who was atop that building and caused the fire.

And to add onto the eventful night, Tommy wasn't at the house nor was he answering his phone. That confirmed Wilbur's theory, if anything, yet he kept denying it.

The idea of Tommy getting hurt, lying about his powers, and doing illegal activities was scaring Wilbur.

He took a deep breath and glanced around the garden, it was earlier in the morning so no one was really there, yet a familiar dirty blond was no where to be seen.

Wilbur sat there for a little bit, he wrote potential song ideas down, he hummed a bit, and eventually checked his phone.

He finally noticed that he was earlier then when they were scheduled to meet up, it was currently 10:49 and Dream wasn't going to be there until eleven.

So he sat on the bench for eleven minutes that felt like hours until he heard the familiar sound of car engines drive through the streets for midday rush hour, Dream should be arriving soon, he thought.

And he was right, a pair footsteps that he'd heard from his left caused his head to turn and see the familiar dirty blond running towards him.

Wilbur quickly stood to his feet and ran towards Dream as well before wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's waist, Wilbur's wings encased them as the two laughed and smiled for a few minutes before the they both separated, still holding hands though.

Dream had wavy dirty blond hair that fell halfway down his pointed ears and was covered by a black beanie, his fern green eyes shimmered like sea glass in the midday sun and perfectly matched his bright smile and galaxy of freckles. He wore a thin black jacket that a a white smiley face above his heart with a plain green shirt underneath, he wore blue jeans and green runners as well.

Wilbur noticed something new, then, it was a green string bracelet. It was barely noticeable beneath the jacket, but it was a change and was there. He chose not to question it though, maybe Dream was switching something up.