Chapter Twelve || Immune

(No pov)

Wilbur walked into the Tech Lab early that morning. Sam had texted him that morning telling him to come in to see if they could figure out why he was immune to Shift power-copying him and try to use it to their advantage.

He greeted Sally and checked in, she told him the same room that they'd used days earlier. Wilbur thanked her before going into the elevator and clicking the button, the doors closed and slowly began to climb higher into the building.

Soon, the ding sounded from the top of the elevator, moments later, the door opened and Wilbur began walking through the halls of the Lab. He eventually reached the familiar door, a loud set of crashes were heard on the other side of it, but Wilbur just assumed that it was normal.

He knocked, rushed footsteps ran towards the door. Sam greeted him on the other side, breathing heavily, "Good morning, Siren." He gasped, "We broke a machine, so don't mind the mess." Sam explained sadly before moving to let Wilbur into the room.

The first thing Wilbur saw was a giant mess of wires, metal, and other parts he couldn't identify. Dream was there as well, but he was trying to clean it up.

They waved to each other, but Dream continued on with cleaning up the mess. Sam soon appeared at Wilbur's side, "Let's get started, we need to run tests and start designing some tech to help your immunity to Shift." Sam said, Wilbur nodded and followed Sam to his computer.

Sam sat down and opened up Wilbur's file and began to edit it while asking him questions while Wilbur pulled up a chair and sat down, "How did you escape the control?" He asked, Wilbur though for a minute before answering. "Well, I was was really mad and wanted to help everyone, and then it just... broke." He answered.

Sam nodded and typed that in, Wilbur tapped his feet on the floor. He looked around the Lab and noticed that Dream had disappeared somewhere, the mess had also been cleaned up already. Huh.

A few more questions later, Sam had nodded and exited the information program. "Dream should have the results soon, thank you for helping us though, Wilbur." Sam said, Wilbur grinned, "No problem! I just want to keep this city as safe as possible!" He said, Sam smiled.

"I'm sure," was all he responded with before a door opened and Dream loudly yelled, "I have it!" Both men turned to the excited looking blond holding a stack of papers.

Dream rushed over to them and Sam pulled up a chair for him, the blond placed the paper-stack onto the desk and began explaining.

"So, what happened was when Shift used his power copy ability, it somehow managed to amplify Wilbur's power enough to break out of the control." Dream explained, Sam nodded along while Wilbur looked at him, shocked.

"So my power upgraded itself?" Wilbur asked wondrously, Dream nodded excitedly. "A scientific breakthrough! Imagine what we could accomplish if we upgraded everyone's powers! The city wouldn't have a single worry." Dream sighed happily, Sam nodded.

"If we upgrade everyone's power to block Shift's influence, then he would never be a problem and we can take him in the next time we see him." Sam explained, Dream grinned and nodded while Wilbur looked deep in thought.

"The party." Wilbur said, both researchers looked at him expectantly. "Shift will attack next at the party, all villains attack major events." He said, Sam thought for a second before speaking. "That's a good idea, we should get to work as soon as possible." He said.

Dream nodded before standing up and hurrying off, Wilbur and Sam stood up after. Wilbur followed Sam as the creeper hybrid walked in the direction Dream ran off in.