Chapter 9~Jealousy

Today, the sun was shining very brightly.

I quickly get up and prepare to go to school, when I was going out of my home, I saw a very familiar silouette.

"Good morning Annette!"smiled Lian cheerfully

I was taken aback by his handsome, charming smile. I can't believe that I found him scary and was afraid of him. I guess even I failed to judge his true self because of his appearance.

I felt very guilty, so I said"Lian, I'm very sorry for not recognising you and also judging you as scary. I have heard from you that people think that you are scary person, but I knew that you were not, still I judge you by your appearance, so I deeply apologize."

Lian's eyes became big as he was baffled, but then he started to laugh.

"Annette, don't feel guilty! I feel very happy that you accepted me. I can't change my scary appearance and I can understand."said Lian with a smile

I fiercely retorted"Don't say that! You are not scary at all! After I look at your appearance very carefully, you are very cool, handsome and charming. Your red eyes are very beautiful, they shine like ruby. Plus, sometimes you are hopelessly cute."

Lian's face started to turn red.

I joked"See...you are so cute."

Lian turned his back on me, but I could see his ears were red. I thought to myself, how could I find him scary, especially when he is so cute. I wanted to tease him more but it was getting late.

"Lian, let's go to school otherwise we might be late."

Lian agreed with me and he went towards his motorcycle. He wore his helmet and said"Annette, come here quickly! Hold on tightly to me and also be careful."

I hesitated but Lian persistently called me so I sat on the motorcycle.

The motorcycle went fast.

I could hear Lian's heartbeat, I felt completely safe and sound with him. It was very windy, but I love it! I found the ride to be very relaxing and fun.

The ride was very enjoyable.

When we arrived, I could feel so many people's eyes on us.

I could hear so many whispers and gossips.

"Annette! Annette! You finally got here, I was waiting for you."said Alise impatiently

Alise jumped and hugged me.

Alise and Lian made an eye contact.

"You! I don't care if you are the underworld boss, or the demon lord. If you dare to touch my friend, I will make sure to kill you and feed your corpse to the beast".said Alise threateningly but her appearance appeared even more harmless and sweet.

Lian seemed surprised by Alise behaviour.

I smiled, I guess even Lian got fooled by Alise angelic appearance.

To diffuse this weird atmosphere, I explained to Alise

"Lise, don't worry, he didn't threatened me. Remember, I once told you about my online friend, strawberryfairy 💜, he is my online friend. So, I hope that you will be close to each other."

Alise looked at Lian's appearance and from her eyes, she couldn't believe it.

Lian seemed kind of offended as he began to say"Hey, stop giving me those judgemental looks, why don't you believe it? Even though you look like an angel, but your heart is even darker than a devil. So, of course even if I look like a devil, my heart is more purer than yours."

Alise rolled her eyes.

"Fine, I believe you, but I heard that you can cook amazing food. I will only believe it after I taste it."said Alise as she gave a challenging look to Lian

The other students pov
They saw an angel(Alise) smiling beautifully and innocently, while the devil's(Lian) aura was even more darker. Annette's presence had disappeared.

Soon, it was recess time, Lian approach Annette and Alise.

In his hands, there was a very delicate and cute strawberry cake.

"Annette, this slice is for you. I hope you enjoy it!"said Lian as he gave a big slice to Annette

Lian looked at Alise with an annoyed look and said"Here you go, eat it! After you eat this, you will never want to eat anything else again."

He gave a relatively smaller slice to Alise with a reluctant look.

Alise was also feeling annoyed.

"This cake appearance is definitely beautiful, but I don't believe that it's delicious."said Alise as she took a bite of the cake

Alise froze.

Lian smirked.

I also tasted the cake.

The cake taste fantastic! The cream and cake ratio was spot on, the cake was so fluffy and tasty. the strawberries were fresh and sweet. It was just too delicious.

"Lian your cake taste amazing! I love it!"

"You...I admit defeat."said Alise with a reluctant attitude.

"See...I told you. Anyways, let's put our grudge to the side. Let me formally introduce myself. Hi, my name is Lian and I hope that you will continue being Annette best friend."said Lian with a gentle smile

Alise seemed surprised.

"Since, you have already introduce yourself. Then, I guess I will also introduced myself. Hello, my name is Alise, Annette's best friend."said Alise with a smile

The atmosphere was harmonious.

Outside the classroom door, a girl with short curly hair and big doe eyes looked at the scene with hatred.

Who the hell is that girl? Why is she with the top beauty Alise and my dear Lian? Who the hell is she?....