Segment Eighteen; 'Revelations'

(Dr. Wu's Pov)

Loud were the noises of the military vehicles that took them away to god knows where, even the sounds of the soldiers talking to one another was another deafening sound to Dr. Wu who was captured. He wasn't the only one though who was in this predicament, for he shared the vehicle with three other people. Owen who was a bit away from him of course sat opposite of him, and at his side was Claire. The both of them were silent as they thought about what they should do.
Dr. Wu knew that they were up to something, and in truth he was curious about it. He would have to wait and see what happens next.

It wasn't long until he heard a long sigh, coming from his right hand side.

Looking to his right did he see Lance, the young soldier who actually turned against orders to help him escape. And there was a good chance that he would be punished for it. There was no telling what that punishment would be, but he didn't doubt that it was going to be awful.

"I'm not looking forward to going back..." sighed Lance somewhat quietly as he took notice of Dr. Wu looking at him. The poor guy looked to be lost, for he had little options right now.

Dr. Wu knew how he felt as he replied to him, "I know. I don't want to go back either, but at least we have each other yes?"

Oh yes, the great scientist was trying to comfort the man who was as they say 'returning to the lions den'. But from the looks of it, he didn't do a good job for Owen spoke up, "Don't worry man, we will get out of here, together."

"Man, I hope so...", replied Lance now who gave a small smile to Owen. "I really don't want to know what they will be doing with us?"

Lance's words after he had said that would really sink in among them as they sat there in silence. What exactly would they do to them? Would they be given to the hybrid who has been getting smarter with each passing day?
There really wasn't a clear answer, or so they thought.

"Tch, I know one thing. Dr. Wu will be taken back in order to make more of those things!" spat Owen in great annoyance and disgust. "He will doom us all!"

"Oh I assure you that I will not do that. Please, how can I doom the human race?", asked Dr. Wu with a raised eyebrow. Just by him doing this, did he know it would bother Owen.
Which it did.

"You will doom us if you keep making those damn monsters!?!" nearly shouted Owen at the scientist who he sat opposite from. He was even ready to lunge at Dr. Wu but was kept back due to Claire holding onto his arm.

Lance would shake his head with a frown, as Dr. Wu decided to say his response. And again it would most likely set Owen off. "How many times do I have to tell you that 'monsters' are a relative term. You see we are use to being the monsters, and once something shows up stronger than us we have a fit. Doesn't that tell you something, Owen?"

Before Owen can say his rebuttal, did a soldier snap at them. "CAN IT!?!"

After they were snapped at, did they go quiet. Though Owen and Claire were giving Dr. Wu such a harsh stare. The both of them were livid with the scientist and his so called views.
It was to be expected though, for they will never understand.

Lance would let out a small sigh again with his eyes closed before opening them and looking up curiously. He did this only cause he heard many soldiers begin to get riled up. Lance wasn't the only one however, for Dr. Wu, Owen, and Claire were all looking in the same direction. It would seem that they have reached their destination. After all they have been on the move for quite sometime.

"Here we go." scoffed Owen with a small smile as he watched many soldiers jumping out of the vehicle.

As they were all pushed out of the vehicle, did they see that they were in a massive looking military camp. However there was large stone walls with electrified barbed wire fences on top that surrounded the massive amount of land. Then there was the loud deafening sounds of the helicopter blades of different kinds as they flew over them with large metal cages.