Segment Fifteen; 'Dire Straits'

'Dr.Wu's Pov'

"I can hear your concerns quite clearly but this must be done.", continued Dr. Wu as his eyes shift to look at Claire. "If we do not do anything, she will be impossible to stop."

Claire was silent now as she looked at him, her eyes shook with so many emotions.

Lance who was listening to the radio merely glanced at the both of them, and afterwards did he return his gaze onto the road. "So does that mean that we will be looking for another dinosaur?"

"Pull over!" instructed Claire. "If you are serious about finding Blue? Then we need to tell Owen right now!"

Dr. Wu merely nodded, and that was all that it took for Lance to pull over on the side of the road.

The moment that they stopped, did Owen speak up as he was walking to the vehicle, after dismounting from his motorcycle. His voice held both his frustration as well as his confusion. "Why are we stopping?"

Lance was lowering his window down, as Dr. Wu spoke up accordingly to Owen who was still confused. "We need you to find Blue."

"What!?!" exclaimed Owen now. "This is your big plan!"

Claire was watching them talk it out now, while looking at Owen. The look on her face said it all, due to her understanding how Owen felt about Blue.

Dr. Wu who was oblivious to this merely continued, after all his focus was on stopping a dangerous hybrid. "We will be needing all the help that we can get! Besides Blue will no doubt help us find the hybrid in case she runs away!"

Owen had a firm look upon his features as he thought about it, he was even biting his lower lip somewhat. There was no doubt that Owen still cared for Blue, even after all of this time.

Lance looked at the radio the moment he heard something of importance. It was then that a voice on the radio caught their complete attention. The sound of angered roaring upon metal, was a dead giveaway in the background of the voice.

"Be advised we caught her!"

"Target has been captured!?! I repeat! She has been captured!?!"

The voices of the soldiers were as clear as day, which took all of them by surprise. They actually in someway captured her, and it made them wonder what they did to accomplish such a feat.

Owen was silent as he listened to the radio, before speaking. "Fine."

Lance looked at him in question now. "Do you happen to know where Blue is?"

Owen looked in the general direction where the manor was located, and his face showed that he was thinking very seriously on this. "Last I saw her was at the manor? If we retrace our steps, we can pinpoint her location?"

"Very well. Lead the way." professionally spoke Dr. Wu. "The quicker we find her, the quicker we can stop this hybrid."

Shaking his head, Owen was making his way back to his motorcycle.

Lance watched Owen return to his motorcycle, he then rolled up his window as he said. "He seemed against the idea at first?"

Dr. Wu looked at the side as he watched Owen turn on his motorcycle. "I believe he cares about that velociraptor still?"

Lance waited for Owen to go ahead of him on the road, and once he was did he follow him. "Oh yeah?"

Dr. Wu nodded, "Yes. He actually raised her if I do recall?"

Lance let out a bit of laughter, he seemed rather surprised that Owen did that. "You learn something new everyday!"

As the both of them continued their conversation, Claire was on full alert as she listened to the radio. Dr. Wu was not like Owen, and it vastly showed in his conversation with Lance. Owen was more aware of the animals feelings, along with their instincts. He understood them in that regard.