Segment Nine; 'The Haunting'

'Dr.Wu's Pov'

The great scientist of this murderous creature has been on the highest of guards, especially since he took notice of her and her intelligence. Each goat that was put in, what she did to said animal, how quickly she killed it and returned to the camera. All of this was being watched by him, as well as it was being documented on a small notepad that he had in his possession. This data was to good, and he couldn't afford to miss it.

"Just how much smarter would she become?", this question he asked himself constantly as well as feared.

Dr.Wu was no longer messing around here, and he had to do things on his own and hide it from the general. After all, the man took all of his data away and he had nothing to use at his disposal. He of course was not the only one watching her, for many who worked for the general watched her as well on expensive monitors and cameras. The general was becoming cocky, especially seeing that the animal recognized that going close to the camera would always bring in live prey for her to kill. Of course by the generals orders.

Each day this so called 'training' continued, for that was what the general called it. Was he really training her?, or was she 'playing' along so to speak? That was just it, no one knew and Dr.Wu had his doubts.

In two weeks time, this dangerous creature only continued to go near the camera more frequently. Some nights were haunting, for she would always look into the camera up close and stare into it with her eyes which glew in the night vision view of the camera. She would chuff out a deep throated gurgle as well, as if saying something to herself. It was just fascinating to see how she acted now in two weeks time.

The next morning however, something changed or rather she changed her actions which was surprising. She didn't go near the camera not even once and she merely stalked her cell, with restless steps. The general frowned sharply when he saw this change.

"What on earth!?! Why did she stop going near the camera!", growled the general.

Dr.Wu walked in having heard the sound of displeasure from the general, who ruled this place. "It seems like you can't train her?", retorted Dr.Wu as he looked at the screen for he saw his creation moving about in her cell. Her head was high as she looked around, as she stood on her hind legs as her tail kept her balance. The flare of her nostrils, that low huffing hiss that soon followed was a unique sound.

"Hold your tongue!", firmly spat the general as he looked in Dr.Wu's direction. Shifting to look at the screen again, the man of power watched her closely for it was like he was trying to understand what was going through her mind. Just what was she planning? Was she bored?

"Get ready for my next orders.", spoke the general as he turned away showing the scientist his back. Just this action made the scientist frown firmly, as he watched the man walk into a back room with a few collection of guards right behind.

"Next orders?", questioned Dr.Wu's mind for he didn't like the sounds of that. Just what was he going to do next?

Dr.Wu's questions would soon be answered, after about an hour the general walked out from the back room and spoke. "Turn off the lights here and in her cell."

At this, Dr.Wu raised a eyebrow only then to listen intently on the next words that were said by this powerful and cocky man of power. "After doing that I want you to shine a red dot in there, let's see her reaction to it?"

Just what was going to happen next?, Dr.Wu looked up as the lights cut off in a loud noise. Only the shine of the computers and the wall screens of her cell was the only sources of light in the room now. The night vision on the camera in her cell picked up her movements as her maw opened releasing a haunting sound similar to that of a raptor barking call.