Segment Five; 'Dreaded Escape'

'Sable's Pov'

The sounds of the base were in a loud disarray of erratic movements with voices and the bending of metal, along with tools screeching while in use. Her eyes were locked onto the man who she despised more than anything else in the world. She watched the two humans leave, while thrashing around loudly in her cage.

Sable's jaws shook with want, for she wanted to tear into that human who looked at her so smugly. The sound of his voice and his presence set her off like there was no tomorrow, and she wanted to kill him before doing anything else. Sure, she wanted freedom but there was something more that she craved. That was to kill that man with her own mouth and claws. 

She was not aware of what time it was, but she could care less as she circled her cage in annoyance. Her long front claws tapped against the hardened floor below her, while she chuffed impatiently. Her cranium soon snapped quickly to the side, as a young human male soon approached her cage.

Sable watched him closely as the guy began loading a powerful rifle, it was then she registered what he was about to do. He was about to tranquilize her, and her mind came alive with all kinds of ideas. Her lips shivered in delight as a crooked sneer came upon her lips.

The poor fool didn't even realize what she was about to do, and that was what made her smirk in such a way. This was her chance to escape her cage and be free. She would be able to kill everyone that stood before her and finally get her hands upon that man who she wanted to kill. Sable was quick to act cool, as she moved about in her cage. All the while watching the man closely as he lifted the rifle to take a shot.

Sable's hide shivered the moment he fired, and the feeling of the dart was a mere tap against her hide. He shot her on the side and she acted out in aggression, for she has done this before. In doing this, they can't figure her out. Which was pleasurable, especially to her.

Having her prey not knowing what was about to come, thrilled her. She couldn't wait to get out and cause havoc on this place that treated her poorly. She wanted to get out so badly, that it hurt but she must plan this out carefully. And carefully she shall. Sable turned her head to the side, so he couldn't see her face. The feeling of the second dart and then the third, made her eyes shift to the side in a quick glance. A ominous expression came across her features, for it was a matter of time.

Two more shots from the rifle, and finally she allowed herself to collapse onto the floor. Her chest was moving slowly, to make it seem like she was asleep. With her eyes closed, she felt her excitement rise within her when she heard the sound of her cage door opening. The thrill of this was incredible, and she would remember this. Quite firmly in fact. This idea of hers was stuck within her complex mind, for future use.

Sable was listening to the sounds from this man, for his heart was beating calmly to her strong ears. He honestly believed that he was safe. His voice yelled out loudly to another guy who responded calmly, these humans were completely blind to what was about to happen. Sable waited as the guy with the rifle stood in front of her face, her sharp eyes slowly began to open as she glanced up at him.

He was looking away, now was the time to strike. Sable was quick to move, so fast in fact that the guy didn't see it coming. One minute he was fine, then the next her mouth snapped fast onto the side of his face. Crushing his face in her jaws, did she soon drop him. Moving quickly she got out of her cage, with her mouth tainted in fresh blood. Looking up, she lunged quickly at another man who had his back turned to her.

The alarm was quick to enter her hearing, as so many humans with armor were called to subdue her. She showed no hesitation, and she showed no fear as she lunged at the many who stood in her way. Windows from up above the walls were letting the early morning light in, but this was a different morning from all the rest.