(5) 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬 ✓

chapter five

chapter five

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

THE GROUP GET OUT OF SIMON'S VAN, looking around the graveyard as the moonlight aluminated them. Adelaide puts her hands on her hips, sighing as she glances back at the group who were still piling out of the van. Alec meets her eyes before his eyes flicker over the multiple gravestones. "Whose grave is it?" Alec asks as he moves to stand next to Adelaide who only looks away from him when he does, making Alec frown lightly.

"Mary Milligan, born January 10, 1802. Died January 10, 1878." Isabelle reads off the phone before looking back at them. Jace nods his head, running a hand through his hair.

"Alright Alec, let's go." Jace tells the man who nods his head and begins to walk, his eyes scanning the area.

"Wait, what are we looking for?" Clary asks as she follows after them, glancing at the group who were already looking around.

"Cache of weapons." Isabelle states as she glances around the empty church yard.

"Stashed here with Mrs Milligan." Jace adds making Clary furrow her eyebrows, wondering why they were here trying to get weapons.

"Why are the shadowhunter weapons in a graveyard?" Clary asks as she looks at Jace but Isabelle ends up answering her question.

"Because all of the ancient religions recognize demons. Or at least they used to." Isabelle tells her as they continue to walk next to each other. Alec only rolls his eyes, shaking his head a little bit.

"They forgot about the threat because we've been here to protect them." Alec pipes up, crossing his arms against his chest. "Typical mundane failure of imagination." Alec finishes making Isabelle turn to look at him, raising her eyebrows.

"Are you saying we did too good a job? You just can't let up can you?" Isabelle asks with a light scoff. Alec turns to his sister but Jace intervenes before he can say anything.

"You know what, Alec. Why don't you go check out by the angel?" Jace demands as he gestures to the statue. Alec sighs, rolling his eyes a little. "Adelaide, go with him." He says but he saw the way Adelaide contorted her face in displeasure.

"But I may hurt him because of my cold gaze." Adelaide states as she looks at Jace who only sighs, he couldn't deal with all of this right now.

"Adelaide." Jace warns but she only rolls her eyes before walking next to Alec who was a little tense. Adelaide sighs, glancing around as she kicks the grass at her feet. Suddenly Alec is in front of her, making her stop in her place.