(15) 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐞 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE CONTINUED TO CRY IN ALEC'S ARMS, Alec had just allowed her and decided to not bring up what she had just said. Mainly because he didn't even want to think of it ever happening. But it was in the back of his mind. But Alec knew that she just needed him to be there for her, not to ask her a bunch of questions. He sighs, kissing her head again as he rests his head on her, closing his eyes.

"Shh, I'm here. It's okay." Alec assures her as he rubs her back, his hold tight as he could hear the girl softly crying, her fingers gripping onto his shirt.

"Please don't stop holding me, Alec." She begs, her voice cracking as she needed him right now. She needed his comfort. She needed him to assure her that everything was going to be okay. "Please." Adelaide tries to move closer to him but they were already pretty close together to start with.

"Okay, I won't." Alec promises as he moves his hands slightly up her back because they were slipping down. Adelaide nods her head, grateful that he wouldn't leave her.

"Do you think I'm a good person?" She asks after a moment of silence and it catches him a little off guard but he doesn't even hesitate to answer.

"Of course I do." He tells her but Adelaide only shakes her head, sniffling as she didn't think she deserved to be called a good person. Especially not by him.

"But I never treated you good. I was so cold towards everyone.. what if that's just who I am?" Adelaide questions and Alec didn't know why she was asking all of this all of a sudden but he was going to give her his honest answers.

"I don't believe that." Alex responds as he brings one hand up to her hair, rubbing it softly. Adelaide lifts her head slightly from the crane of his neck.

"I didn't mean to be so cold towards everyone." Adelaide tells him, resting her head against his chest, hearing his heart beat. Alec sighs, nodding his head before resting it back on top of hers.

"I know." Alec responds as he brushes her hair with his hand, hearing her sniffle as she grips his shirt fighter.

"I didn't mean to have so much hatred." She adds and he gulps a little bit, nodding his head as he wanted her to know that he understood.

"I know." Alec says again as he stares at the ground, rubbing her back as she continues to talk.

"I didn't mean what I said to you.. to Jace.. to Izzy." Adelaide admits as she sniffles, taking a deep breath. "I wanted to protect you. I couldn't let you be close to me." She finishes as she reaches down a grabs a hold of his hand, intertwining their fingers. Alec tenses, his breath hitching for a moment.