(6) 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐞 ✓

chapter six

chapter six

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE WAS LAYING ON HER BED, music blasting through her room as she kicks her feet in the air. She had snuck off to her room the second they were back, not wanting to be cornered with anything. All she wanted to do was relax. So she was in her sheer pink silk nightgown, laying on her stomach as she scrolled through her phone.

The door to her bedroom opens making her glance over to see Jace walk in and shut the door without any announcement. She rolls her eyes, letting a sigh leave her lips as she could never get any peace and quiet in the institute. "Come in." She says sarcastically before her eyes move back to her phone. Jace walks over, jumping on her bed causing her body to bounce. She stares at him, unimpressed for a moment.

"You okay?" He asks as he finally lays softly next to her. Adelaide furrows her eyebrows as she glances over at him, putting her phone down and turning into her side. She didn't know why he was so interested recently.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Adelaide asks him curiously as she stares at the man who only shrugs his shoulders. "How about you." She says, changing the subject onto him as she moves closer. Jace looks at her, a little bit confused. "Alec and you have been pretty hostile lately." She explains making the man sigh, nodding his head as he runs a hand through his hair.

"He just doesn't understand." Jace states as he stares at his fingers, his jaw clenching a little. He trusted Alec, but recently he just hasn't been on the same page.

"Mhmm." Adelaide nods her head, lifting her hand to place it on his chest, moving her finger down. "Alec isn't one to understand things." She tells him making the man glance over at her curiously, raising an eyebrow at her.

"You would know this how?" Jace asks and Adelaide only smirks up at him, resting her chin next to her hand.

"I observe." She states simply as she tilts her head a little. "Just because no one likes me doesn't mean I don't know everyone's deepest darkest secret." Adelaide teases as she gets onto her knees, leaning closer to the man who only chuckles lightly.

"We have secrets?" Jace asks and the girl only nods, biting her bottom lip. "How about you? Do you have any dark secrets you're keeping?" He questions softly, his hand moving to her waist in order to bring her closer.

"You know all of my secrets, Jace." She tells him, brushing their lips together, her hand rubbing his neck. "They're all pretty dark." Adelaide teases with a smirk playing on her lips. Jace returns it before connecting their lips together in a heated kiss. One that only lasts a few seconds. "But how about yours?" Adelaide asks as she stares into his eyes, seeing how they were hooded and full of lust.