(10) 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE DIDN'T HAVE ANY STRENGTH LEFT IN HER BODY. But she knew if she didn't fight to escape, she would be tortured even more and eventually killed. Adelaide needed to get out of there but she barely used her magic that she didn't know how. She felt Magnus' lock on her magic break, it was just getting it to work. She cries out as she tries to sit up, feeling the pain rush through every fiber in her body. Grabbing onto the cage, she squeezes her eyes shut for a moment.

Adelaide takes a deep breath before looking at the lock above her. She uses the cage to pull her body up, her open wound scraping against the floor making her scream. She clamps her mouth shut, not needing to draw attention to herself. Lifting her hand, she tries to focus on breaking the lock. She grimaces as the smallest movement hurt. "Come on." She pleads, tears streaming down her face. Adelaide moves closer to it, her eyes locked on it but it didn't seem to be budging, she didn't even see any sparks coming from her hands. "Come on, please." Adelaide cries as she closes her eyes for a moment, trying to focus on something. She needed to get back to them. Adelaide didn't know why but all she could think about was Alec. He was all that was on her mind. She hears a clink forcing her eyes open to see the lock on the ground. Adelaide gasps, she was shocked that it even worked. "Yes." She says softly as she pushes the cage door open, it squeaking a little bit. Adelaide tries her best to pull herself up, biting her tongue so she didn't make any noise. Slowly but surely she passed by Jocelyn, holding on her side. She hated Jocelyn but she did feel bad for the woman. "Jocelyn. I will come back." Adelaide tells her even though she was almost positive the woman couldn't hear her. She grimaces, she could barely stay on her two feet. "I'll come back with Clary." She promises before making her way past and towards the exit. Adelaide was hoping she didn't run into any circle members because she knew she would lose in any fight right now. Even against Clary.

Adelaide had gotten outside but the pain had gotten too much causing her to collapse onto the ground. She gasps out, feeling her vision get blurry. "Magnus." She calls out, hoping to make the same connection with him that she did with Isabelle. Even though she didn't know if Isabelle even got the message. "Hear me." She gasps, holding onto the ground as she still tried to drag her way across the pavement. "Magnus." She tries again, hoping to see him appear in front of her suddenly but she knew it didn't work like that. He couldn't portal to places he's never been before. "Damn it." Adelaide was about to give up because she knew to be able to escape she would have to open a portal herself and she felt too weak. She lays on the ground for a moment, trying to collect the little strength she had left. Adelaide looks ahead, complete exhaustion on her face. "Open, please." She begs as she raises her hand off of the ground lightly. Adelaide couldn't see anything but the darkness of the night.

Meanwhile, at Magnus' apartment, the group was gathered in his living room trying to figure out how to find out where Valentine was keeping Adelaide. Alec was getting angry that no one could come up with any sort of plan. He knew Adelaide could be in danger and yet they had nothing to help her. "Can you track her?" He suggests, he knew that he and Jace could parabatai track with an item of Adelaide's but a warlock track was much stronger.