(24) 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE HAD FOLLOWED AFTER ALEC, wanting to know if something was actually wrong or if he had just changed his mind about the whole thing. He hadn't stopped until he got to outside of his room, leaning against the door as he put his head in his hands. Adelaide sighs as she walks over to him, holding her dress a little bit as it dragged against the floor.

"Alec." She calls out and that makes him look up, immediately tensing as he rubs his hands against his pants. Adelaide furrows her eyebrows as she stops in front of him, a concerned look on her face. "Is everything okay?" Adelaide asks him as she reaches out for his hand, intertwining their fingers. Alec glances at their hands for a moment, seeing her squeeze his before meeting her eyes.

"You were right. I couldn't go through with it." He admits as he stares at her and she only raises an eyebrow, moving a little bit closer to him. "I-i want to be with someone I love." Alec tells her and she immediately smiles at him, grateful that he decided to not go through with it. Not just because of what she felt but because she knew he deserved better.

"That's great, Alec." Adelaide says and he could see the pure joy that lit up her eyes. "Are you parents not going to be mad?" She asks, knowing that Maryse especially was not going to like the fact that he blew off his wedding.

"Oh, no. They'll one hundred percent be mad." Alec states with a nod, his eyes widening and Adelaide laughs at this. She squeezes his hand again, tilting her head a little bit.

"Well, whoever this lucky person is.. They will love having you by their side," Adelaide informs him and Alec immediately perks up as he hears her words.

"You think so?" Alec asks, looking at her hopefully and she just smiles brightly back at him which already gave him some encouragement.

"I know it." Adelaide states as she nods her head firmly, bringing her hand up to his arm. "You're an amazing person, Alec. You're strong, dedicated, you fight for the people you love.. anyone would be happy to have you." She admits as she rubs his arm, looking right into his eyes. Alec couldn't help but completely fall into her gaze, taking a step forward towards her. He glances down at her lips for a moment but his trance is broken when someone grabs adelaides shoulders.

"I found something, come with me." Magnus tells her, he was talking to both of them but he only grabs Adelaides hand and practically pulls her down the hall. Alec sighs, kicking his feet against the ground before noticing that Jace, Isabelle and Clary all walked up to him.

"You didn't tell her?" Jace asks as he watches Adelaide walk away with Magnus. Alec only shakes his head to answer the question. "You called off your wedding." He points out but Alec only stares at the ground, internally hating Magnus for ruining the moment.