(17) 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE AND ALEC WAITED IN THE BASEMENT FOR ANY OF THE DEMONS TO COME AFTER THEM. They stand side by side, both on the lookout but not seeing anything out of the ordinary. A noise was heard suddenly from in front of them making Alec grip his bow tighter as his eyes move slowly. That's when a demon comes out of nowhere but Alec quickly shoots his arrow at it. It seems to have started a chain reaction as even more demons are heard.

Three demons come there way and Adelaide stares at her hand, hoping she would see something and luckily she sees the blue energy light up. She looks back at the demons, glaring at them before raising her hand.

She was able to use her magic, sending the demons flying back into the wall while Alec shot the third one. Adelaide glances at him, about to nod her head when she notices a demon was coming up from behind Alec, her eyes widening as she sees he wasn't looking in that direction. "Alec, behind you." She yells and he quickly turns, shooting an arrow into the demon killing it. Adelaide sighs, relaxing before she is grabbed from behind, thrown to the ground. She lets out a pained groan as she stops the Demon's hand from hitting her.

"Adelaide!" Alec shouts but there were two more demons he had to deal with before he could help her. Adelaide blocks the demons' hits but she couldn't muster enough magic to get it off of her. Suddenly the demon is killed making her furrow her eyebrows as she could hear Alec still behind her. Looking above her, a hand is stretched out and she hesitates before she grabs onto it. The man helps her up and she realizes it was the same man from before.

"Are you okay?" He asks her, grabbing a hold of her arm and she nods her head, her eyes flickering over his features. Something seemed oddly familiar about him.

"Yes... thank you." She says and he only nods his head, pulling his hand away. "You're a shadowhunter." Adelaide states but the man only gives a soft smile before turning to leave making her furrow her eyebrows confused. "Wait.."  She trails off as he was already long gone. Had he been following them? How did he know where they were and that demons were after them? But she didn't have much time to think about that as Alec rushes over to her, grabbing onto her.

"Are you hurt?" Alec asks as he looks over her for any wounds and she only shakes her head. Adelaide meets his eyes, offering a small smile towards him to reassure him.

"I'm good." She replies as he lets out a sigh of relief, although his hands linger on her arms. "You?" Adelaide asks as she raises an eyebrow at him and he only nods his head.

"Hey." A voice says and they both look over to see Luke making his way towards them.

"Luke." Adelaide replies as both her and Alec turn to the werewolf who furrows his eyebrows.