(25) 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ALEC FOUND ADELAIDE LAYING ON HER BED, staring up at the ceiling with blank eyes, her hands on her stomach. Alec closes the door halfway behind him before moving towards her bed. Adelaide tilts her head towards him, staring at him as he stopped in front of her. Alec noticed that she had taken off her makeup but she also looked a sickly pale colour. "Hey." He says softly with a smile and she only sighs before looking back up at the ceiling.

"Hi." She replies bluntly as she brings her arms up to cover her head. "Are you guys really going to make me stay here by myself?" Adelaide asks as she knew she was already bored as it is, she couldn't imagine being trapped in the institute.

"We can't risk having you get hurt -" Alec explains to her but she was frustrated that, that was their only response. Sitting up, she turns to him, throwing her hands down.

"I'm already dying!" She screams at him and she could tell that he was hurt by her reaction. Adelaide immediately softens, sighing as she rubs her face a little bit. "Im sorry, I didn't meant to yell at you--" Adelaide tells him but Alec only shakes his head, he didn't blame her for getting angry at any of them.

"You're frustrated. It's okay to yell." Alec assures her and she nods her head lightly, fiddling with her fingers as a thought crossed her mind.

"If no one has a cure then what's the point of keeping me here?" Adelaide asks and he only looks at her curiously. "I can help fight and I have nothing left to lose anyways." She points out as everyone else could be killed but since she was already dying, she could go without the fear of that.

"Magnus is going to figure something out." Alec assures her but she only scoffs, shaking her head as she kicks her feet off of the bed.

"Magnus is an airhead." She mutters and Alec sighs, he didn't like Magnus right now but he knew Magnus was trying to do right by Adelaide.

"He's just trying to protect you. I think he partially feels it's his fault." Alec explains to her but it makes her confused for a moment.

"Why? He couldn't have stopped it." Adelaide says as there was no way that Magnus could have predicted that something like this would happen.

"He promised he'd always protect you and he failed." Alec points out and Adelaide guesses she understood that but it didn't give him a right to tell her everything that she had to do. "Just try and put yourself in his shoes." He says and she only sighs, getting up from the bed as she raises an eyebrow.

"If you're going to Magnus' apartment anyways, why can't I stay there?" She asks as she sighs, crossing her arms against her chest as she looks at him.